Chapter 1

Olivia had always been my safeguard. The only one there for me when things in my life went bad. The one that got to see when things were good.

When my mother died, she was with me almost always. Our first day of junior year when we had the entire first half of the day together, she never left my side even when all of her other friends where in the class.

The junior prom she was my date,  and that night, she became my girlfriend. She was there for the happiest days and the saddest days.

The happiest day I've ever had I will constantly remember. She had turned 21 a few days previous and she woke me up in bed. She was jumping on me, laughing and smiling. She somehow convinced me to call in sick for the day so we could spend it together.  We went to the little ice cream shop on the corner and went to see her parents. I remember the converstation I had with them while she was putting her younger sister to bed. I was dark out, and I leaned closer to them.

"Mrs. and Mr. Collins? I need to show you both something." They smiled confused but still nodded. I pulled the small box from my pocket and opened it. The ring shone in the kitchen light as her mom teared up and her dad looked at me proudly.

"I love her so much. I have since our freshman year. I have a question to ask you both." And before I could even ask them she came into the kitchen and it was like she immediantly saw it. She lit up immediantly and shrieked. She was crying and smiling and instantly she was wrapped around me.

"Adam! Yes yes yes yes!" She said, sobbing. I hadn't even got to ask her but now I was crying to. I wrapped my arms around her and held on. It felt like forever and simultaneously not long enough before she pulled away and I finally got to get down on one knee.

We were both crying, "Olivia Grace Collins, will you marry me?"