THE CONFESSION

A few weeks had gone by and Forrest and I were as strong as ever. We did have our first fight.

Well, I wanted to pay for dinner and he was not having it. But in the end, I paid.

He sulked in the car for the rest of the night.

I've been feeling kind of weird lately. I think it's because I really want to pour my heart out to Forrest and tell him I'm in love with him, but I think it's too soon?

Can you even fall in love with someone this quick?

I mean we have almost known each other for four months.

And I mean the other point is like, do girls even make the first move, is that okay?

Maybe I should just stop being a coward and do it.

Maybe I should plan a date for us. Turn the tables around, take control and then tell him.

I pulled out my phone and dialed his number. He picked up after a few rings.

"Hey baby, what's up?" He answers sort of out of breath.

I clear my throat, "just bored, what are you up to?"

"Just finished working out at the gym, you made perfect timing with the call," he laughs.

I smile even though he couldn't see it, "I'm gonna make you dinner tonight so come over for a little special date night."

"Sounds perfect, what time?"

"Say 6ish? My parents and brother will be out so just us tonight."

"Sounds perfect beautiful. I'll go home, shower and get ready."

I really wanted to say it now. "Okay see you then babe! Bye bye!"

"Bye baby."

He hangs up and I quietly say, "I love you."

I sigh and fold my arms across the island in the kitchen. What should I make?

I made him spaghetti a while back and he said he loved it. I'll make that.

I go upstairs and take a quick shower seeing that the time was already almost 4 in the afternoon. I had about 2 and a half hours to get everything done.

I get out and dry my hair and put on a white wrap crop top and a pair of black plaid pants with straps heels.

Might as well look good if I'm gonna tell someone I love them.

I did loose, natural curls and did my makeup with a natural yet 'Saturday night' look.

I get done in a little over an hour and head downstairs to start cooking the pasta and sauce.

I even threw some garlic bread in the oven.

I finish up cooking a little after six and clean up and set the table, adding a few candles for a romantic scenic view.

It was finally getting colder out and I was excited to wear my outfits for fall and winter.

Since I live in New York City, that's basically what my entire wardrobe consists of: winter outfits.

I take a deep breath and fix myself up one more time before I hear the door bell ring.

I smile and walk to the front door to see my handsome man in a button up shirt and slacks with roses in his hands.

"Hello gorgeous," he eyes me up and down before bringing me in for a hug.

I smile, "hello handsome." I take his hand and lead him inside where I place the roses in a vase and fill them with water. "These are beautiful, thank you."