Prologue.

Giggles filled my throat as my best friend told me some stupid joke. I looked up at him, his green eyes sparkling and his blonde hair messy as if he just rolled out of bed.

He opened the door that led to the hallway of our school. We, just like fifteen hundred other students, attended Crawford High School, located in the beautiful San Diego, California.

I walked towards my locker and slid my combination in and quickly opened the pastel green door. I threw some books in and took some out while I figured out my schedule. I was finally a junior and I couldn't wait to move foreword and graduate. I couldn't wait for college.

Ryan stood beside me and leaned up against the lockers, smiling at his phone.

I slammed my locker door shut and flicked a piece of hair behind my ear. I turned to Ryan with a smirk.

"Is it tommy again?" I asked. He chuckled.

"I'm never dating a jock again. They don't put out as much as I'd like them too..." He stated. I laughed and hugged him.

"Let's get to class, shall we?" I said. Ryan nodded, grabbing my arm and leading us towards our first period.

The hallways hadn't changed much since last year and I didn't know why I thought they would. There were a few new faces but no one really stood out to me.

The squeaky tile floors below my converse were shiny and the light reflected off of them.

Lockers squeaked opened and slammed shut as students got ready to begin the first day back in school.

Ryan found us two seats towards the back and I smiled as I sat down in the unfamiliar classroom. I hadn't shown up at open house. That really wasn't my thing.

Soon after I laid my fresh new notebook and pen onto my desk, Leila walked in, looking grungy as ever.

"Hey nerd." She spoke as she sat beside me. She slumped into her chair and smiled at me.

"Hey freak." I said as I wrote my name at the top of my clean paper.

I looked at her." Sorry I didn't call you back last night, I was talking to Dylan on the phone last night..."

"Oh so your boyfriend is more important than me...I see..." She laughed. She got her phone out and began texting.

"Dylan is not my boyfriend. We're just 'talking'. I don't know if I really even like him." I spoke truthfully.

"Oh sweetie, you have such a hard life." Ryan pouted. I rolled my eyes.

The bell had finally rung and I laid my head in my palms as I stared up at the clock, counting the minutes until the late bell rung.

The teacher waltzed in, briefcase in hand. He took a marker and uncapped it, writing his name on the whiteboard in big bold letters.

MR. CASEY.

"Class, I am Mr. Casey. Welcome to U.S. history." He clapped his hands together and opened his briefcase to grab out a stack of papers and a red folder.

He began to call out names in alphabetical order.

"Nicole Davis." I quickly raised my hand.

Ryan looked at me." What're you doing after school?"

I tapped my pen on the worn out desk." I think I have to tutor some kids from the middle school up the road." Ryan nodded seeming uninterested.

"Ditch and come hang with Leila and I. We're going to the mall." Ryan spoke softly. I sighed.

"Okay." I whispered.

He smiled at me and everybody turned their attention towards the front to listen to the teacher give instruction.

Suddenly, the classroom door opened and in walked a face I had never seen before. He was seemingly attractive and he glanced around the room. He ran his fingers through his dirty blonde hair and walked closer towards the teacher and gave him his schedule. The teacher signed it and handed it back to him.

I could hear students whispering and talking amongst each other.

I kept my thoughts to myself but Ryan gave me a look with wide eyes. I laughed to myself.

The teacher pointed towards another student across the room in the back, He was obviously pointing out an empty seat. The teacher returned to the lesson.

The new student swaggered towards the seat and sat down, He laid his books on his desk and took another glance around the room. He stopped once he reached a certain someone.

I tried to focus but I could feel his eyes burning into me and maybe I wanted to look but I couldn't.

I knew once I looked, I would be sucked into the never ending world of darkness.

[A/N: Okay new story. Please vote and comment.
I'm so excited to start this one. I hope you enjoy it(: ]