Chapter Nineteen

Thanks for 7.8k reads! <3

I groan, the sun hitting my face, I turn away from the sun, trying to go back to sleep. I suddenly feel the large blanket slide off of me, so I pull them back onto me. Seconds later, they slide off of me again, I sigh and sit up, turning to Louis.

I whisper Loudly, "Can you cut it out?" This time I aggressively pull the blanket onto me again, wrapping my legs around some of it. "I'm cold." Louis whines, he pulls the blanket onto him again, barely leaving me with any. "Louis, stop hogging the blanket!" I shout, pulling the blanket over to me. He pulls it over to him, I groan loudly. "What is this? A blanket war?" I ask, he hums a response, trying to fall back asleep. I slide over to him, hugging myself since he took the blanket. "If this is going to be a blanket war, you have to wake up." I whisper with a grin.

He doesn't respond so I grab hold of the blanket and pull it to me. I see his brow furrow, he pats the bed, trying to find the blanket. "Come on, Clem. Just give me the blanket, I'm cold and I want to sleep." He whispers in his hot raspy voice, "Nope, cause you're going to hog the blanket." I hear him sigh, "I won't, I promise."  I scoff, "Yeah, right. Even if you're telling the truth, you're still not getting it." I wrap the blanket tightly around myself, sighing in relief feeling the blanket heat up my cold skin.

"It's too early in the morning to be playing games." He whispers, still looking for the blanket.

I roll my eyes, "Says you."

"Oh, and by the way, how about you open your eyes while you look for the blanket, it'll make searching way easier, don't you think?"

He gives an embarrassed chuckle, finally opening his eyes. His eyes meet mine and I smile at him. He notices the blanket wrapped around my body and groans in annoyance, "Come on, Clementine. I seriously just want to go back to sleep, so just give me the blanket." When he says my name fully, I know he's serious. He reaches over to me to grab the blanket, I quickly move farther away from him, smirking. "If you want this blanket then you're going to have to catch me." He groans louder this time, "You have to be joking." He mutters, I grin then stand up, the blanket still wrapped around me.

"Nope." I'm at the door now, "Come on, Lou. If you get the blanket from me, then I'll let you sleep for another hour."

"Promise?" He asks, sitting up a bit. "Promise." As soon as the word 'promise' flew out my mouth he jumped out of bed, running towards me. I shriek and run out of the room as fast as my legs could go. I run down the long hallway, then head for the stairs. I hear Louis' feet patter loudly behind me, he's getting closer, which makes me anxious.

I run down the stairs, he's quickly catching up to me so, I jump over 2 or 3 steps, landing perfectly. Once I make it down all 25 of the steps, I feel Louis grab a part of the blanket that was sliding on the ground, I shriek, and pulling hard on the blanket, hoping he'll lose his grip. After about 15 seconds of playing tug of war, he grunts, releasing the blanket. I run and jump onto the couch, grabbing some of the couch pillows and throwing it at him. He places his arms over his face, blocking them. "Oh, you're so dead!" He shouts, grabbing the pillows I threw and throwing them back at me with much more force.

I dodge the first pillow, but the second pillow flies towards me faster than the first one, causing me to gasp loudly. The second pillow hits my chest roughly, causing me to wince in pain. I fall onto the couch, and I hear Louis gasp. "Clem, are you okay?" I don't answer, I just sit still and catch my breath, "I didn't mean to hit you that hard.." I smirk, grabbing the pillow he just threw at me, I wait for him to come closer to me.

I hear him quickly towards me, I quickly get up, the pillow in hand. His concerned face turns into a shocked one, and I throw the pillow as hard as I can. I watch it hit him in his stomach, which makes him grunt. I breathe heavy, putting my hand over my sore chest. I look at Louis, he was breathing heavy and his head was down, he was holding his stomach, his dreads covering his face. I continue to look at him, and watch as he slowly lifts up his head, glaring at me with a smirk. I glare back at him with a grin.

"That battle has officially began." I hear him say.

"Oh yes it has."

I watch him grab the pillow I just threw at him, and I get ready to dodge it. He throws it at me, and instead of dodging it, I catch it, throwing it back at him. While he's focusing on grabbing the pillow, I grab the blanket that was laying on the couch and wrap it around myself, running away from him. I run into the kitchen, looking for a place to hide. There isn't a place for me to hide in here, I curse under my breathe. I hear Louis heading for me, and I begin to panic.

I turn my head to the right, and I see a door. "The basement, perfect!" I think to myself, quickly opening the basement door, I close the door behind me, quickly but carefully walking down the 8 steps. The room was dark and cold, which was kind of creeping me out. I place my feet on the cold floor, hugging the blanket that was tightly around me. I couldn't see anything, but the sunlight from the window helped a bit. I walked around the creepy basement, trying to find a good place to hide.

While I was walking around I saw a pile of old toys and other miscellaneous things, so I hide behind that. Now, I wait.

"I feel like I'm in a horror movie hiding from the killer." I say to myself. I hear a creaking nose above me, so I look up. Obviously that's Louis walking around in the kitchen. "You can't hide in the kitchen, so there's only one other place you can be hiding." He shouts loud enough for me to hear, I get goosebumps. This "battle" is starting to make me feel like I'm in a horror movie.

I hear the basement door swing open, and my heart begins to race. I cover my mouth, listening to Louis' movement carefully. "Clem.." He sings creepily. "I know you're down here, just come out and give me the blanket so I can sleep, okay?"

I roll my eyes, I'm not giving up so easily. I hear him walk around the basement, he moves things around and shouts boo at a spot he thinks I would be at, when he fails he curses under his breath. I hear him walk around a bit more, but then I wasn't able to hear him anymore.

Oh no.

Don't tell me he found me.

I feel hands wrap around me and I shriek loudly, "Gotcha!" Louis shouts, then pulls the blanket off of me. I roll my eyes, annoyed that he won. "Yeah yeah yeah, you won." He smirks, "Someone's salty." I roll my eyes harder this time, and I get up. "This little game was fun and all, but being in this basement is creepy and I'm tired so.." He kisses my cheek, smiles at me, then quickly leaves the basement, "But--!"

"Hey, you promised!" He shouts, I sigh and roll my eyes again. He's right, I did promise.

***

Once I made it out of the basement, I walked into the living room. I saw Louis laying on the couch, his body wrapped around the blanket, snoring softly. I smiled and carefully laid next to him, trying my best not to wake him. I caressed his face gently, and kissed his nose gently, I watched him scrunch his nose, I chuckled softly. This may sound creepy to some people, but I laid there and just watched him sleep peacefully.

Suddenly, I feel him unravel the blanket that was around himself and wrap it around me, "I won't hog the blanket this time, I promise." He whispers, we cuddle each other and I eventually fall asleep.

I don't know how long we were asleep for, but I heard the front door open and I was instantly awake. I groan, sitting up, my eyes halfway open. "Who the hell is this!? Louis!!" I hear a male voice yell loudly, I flinch and shake Louis roughly to wake him up.

He groans, rubbing hid eyes. "What? What's going on?" He asks frantically, "Your parent's are home." I mutter, shamefully looking at them both. Louis quickly sits up, and looks at them awkwardly.

We're screwed, totally screwed.

Question of the day: Math or Science?

My answer: Science