(Please don't play song until told to, thank you)

Neil pushed Nikki, startled. "Of course not!" But the blush that covered his face was telling a different story.

"Aww! Thats so sweet Neil!" Nikki grinned while bouncing up and down. "You should tell him!" She grabbed his hand and tried to pull him where Maxi-pad had gone.

Neil made growl like sound "No way in hell!" Nikki looked him up and down with a brow raised.

"Yeah sure weirdo." She turned around when her name was called from across the camp by Ered.  Nikki winked at him and ran off toward her "girlfriend."

Neil covered his face as he turned toward where she had run off. "Of course she had to do that-"

A/n: Sorry my writing sucks rn! I'm still trying to put their personalitys into text- EHEM, continue Neil (:

-why can't she just be normal?"  Neil exhaled and uncovered his face slowly turning to the Mess hall and looked up at the tall building.  "Might aswell go right?" 

He nodded to himself and walked through the doors where the small teenager himself lay. 

As soon as the wooden doors closed loudly behind him, he felt a wetness on his face.  It oozed down to his neck as he stood there in shock.

"Holy s-shit Neil!" Neil could hear Max snort even though he couldn't see the young teen.

Neil reached up and wiped the mysterious green liquid from his face that he suspected Nurf had thrown at him.  "Yeah yeah.." Neil sighed.  Did every shot he had with Max have to go up in flames?

He could see Max smiling up at him happily,  it looked like he was wiping away fake tears.  He approached Neil slowly and stuffed something in the taller boys pocket before rushing away behind him out the doors, laughing nervously.

Neil stood there wet, dazed, and confused. What had Max given him?  He didn’t know but he'd have to check right now. But obviously not right here.  He snuck out behind where Max previously was, and went behind the Mess Hall.

He then continued to reach into his jean pocket and felt a crumbled peice of paper. Weird.

Neil took it out and examined the small blue sheet of paper.  He sighed happily and looked at the simple object lovingly.

If you're actually reading this then.. Hey? I uh, just meet me at the dock.  If you're not there in 15 minutes then oh well.

Neil got up faster than could be described, he sprinted toward the destination that had been written on the small paper in his hand. Which at some point had managed to blow out of his iron grip.

"Hey Neil.." The taller male stopped dead in his tracks when he saw the small boy on the dock sitting with crossed legs looking intently at him.

Neil waved slowly down at him and walked over.

(Play the music now)

Neil sat down next to Max, he could feel the smaller boys body warmth against his own. "I come here often, but not for the view, obviously cause were literally looking back at camp" Max pointed to the trees that were infront of them. It was true they weren't looking at the glass like lake behind them.

Neil sighed happily.  "Hey Max..?" Max looked at him with an expression that could save the world if it was about to fall apart. The boy truly was a special human being.

"Yeah Neil?" The smaller boy rested his cheek in his hand, looking at Neil with half lidded eyes.

Neil continued, "Why not look at the view?"  Max giggled sheepishly at Neil's simple question.

"I really don't know. Just.. Maybe I don't need to see the most beautiful parts of life to live." Max pointed to the trees. "I mean, look at those trees. Not the prettiest things right? If they can get by, I can.."

Max slowly closed his eyes and inhaled, "I don't know if I hate it here anymore Neil" 

Neil looked at the shorter boy shocked. Max liked it here?

"Your kidding right?" Neil questioned softly, the boy shuffled nervously when Max opened his emeralds like eyes and locked them with Neils icy blue ones.

"No Neil."

Night soon fell over the two boys who had eventually turned around to look at foggy reflection of the moon that lay across the lazy ripples of the lake. 

Life seemed perfect in that one momrnt and it seemed almost too good to be true.  For Max dayly life was like this with Neil.  He'd wake up not believing Neil would be there.. But he never left.

Moments like these when frogs croaked their last lullibies, and the fireflies blinked their last light shows for the summer night.  It was all so special to Max, everything seemed to be in a haze from that moment to the time he made it back to his tent with Neil and rested in his bed. 

His dreams were cluttered and unorganized with small snippets, and images of Neils face residing in his subconscious.

But why?

Max wouldn’t be able to answer this until later, but he knew. He could count on Neil. He really could.

//

Thoughts, commentssss?

I apologize for the shortness, but I really wanted to get this chapter out and it was a huge pain in the ass. ;-;

Bye smoll onez~