1. Death

I was not a nice man in this life, that much I know is true.

My arrogance from young to big was as inflated as a balloon. I'd made alot of enemies from that kind of attitude.

Never stepping down, always claiming I was right, stealing bits and bobs off the people that passed without a shred of guilt - it's all a part of my sins. 

Perhaps something was wrong with my ego to make me this way. Or maybe I just didn't have the right kind of childhood. It certainly wasn't one belonging to the Crown Princess. My childhood and education was on the streets, not in a fancy building with a bell and chairs.

So maybe, just once I could be excused. 

No, that wouldn't do. I probably deserved my death as much I claim I did not want it.

Still, it would have done me just a shred of good to at least know if someone knew of my death. I could pretend and say it was all a plot by some nasty no-gooders or sell you some story about how it really wasn't my fault but it'd honestly do nothing for me.

The fact is, I died by bumping into a table and alerting the Crown Princess's guards as I stole her underwear. This is the sin I have claimed.

But honestly, can you blame me?

  | Author's Note |

Temporary cover image. This is an original story, with only this chapter in first person. Images that are not expressly said so, are not mine. They belong to the original owners. 

230 words. Unedited.