New Beginnings

A/N: Hi my name is Courtney and this is my second attempt at writing, ummm I hope you guys like it and comment and vote. I could use encouragement but no mean comments please! Enjoy!!

Naomi had never known what it felt like to be loved and cared for, abandoned at a young age she had never experienced how it was to feel smothered with love and have people to fight and protect her. She had been living in the streets since she was 16. From foster care to shelters, Naomi never had a real family and it pained her. Looking out from the dirty and dark alleys at the happy families that walked by, she wished that someone could love her unconditionally. Behind her the sleeping figures started to move and she realized that it was time to leave before they awoke. Grabbing her small ,ripped backpack she briskly started her trek downtown to the soup kitchen. As she walked past people in the street they stared at her and moved over on the sidewalk in hopes of avoiding her stench. By now she was used to the public displays of disgust. After years of being exposed to it she just looked down at her shoes which were beginning to show the imprint of her toes on the front. Her feet were too big and she had no way to even get herself a pair of shoes, Her situation seemed to dawn on her even harder than it usually did and she sighed in anguish as she stood on the line for the soup kitchen.

The walk to the soup kitchen was drawing on for a while and her stomach growled and she hurried down the street deciding to stick to less busy streets. The looks she had become used to seemed to be dirtier now then ever before, but maybe that's because people now don't seem to care about judging people. Thanks-TMZ and every other paparazzi network thing. Naomi wasn't entirely cluless as to what society was doing she just wasn't on the "ins" like everyone else.

**Flashback**

I was sitting at the table while my foster parents were talking to their kids like I wasn't even there. This wasn't the first time it had happened, I did everything they asked, from cleaning to cooking and the object of sexual release to their 20 year old son. He wasn't exactly rough but I didn't want to lose my virginity to someone that I didn't really love.I wanted to keep that until I was married but if I didn't then I would get kicked out.

"Naomi can you please pay attention and clean up" the dad said to me sternly. I had always forgot his name because he was just a face. I think it was Mark or something along the lines of that. I pushed back from the table and started to clear the table. As I walked over to their son Eli, he put his hand on my lower back and whispered to me " After your done cleaning, go straight to my room." He moved me back and left the table, I hadn't noticed but everyone had left to go out for the evening. Except Eli, he was staying home to "watch over me", more like "watch me below him".

**Flashback over**

I shuddered suddenly feeling the morning cold and remembering Eli's hands all over my body. Nearing the soup kitchen line it wasn't as long as usual because she got up earlier so she wouldn't be stuck without like the last time that she waited an extra hour and a half and in the end was turned away because there was no longer any food. Naomi was chilly and was hoping for some Cream of Wheat and eggs with coffee. Oh how she missed the sweet yet bitter taste of coffee as it ran down her parched throat. Fidgeting in anticipation she slowly moved up in the line getting closer to the food and her mouth started to water.

Finally getting to the delicious food a fancy town car slowed down right behind the people serving the food. This wasn't;t the first time someone had come to look at what the soup kitchen did and so she ignored it, thinking it was another feed the homeless program people. But this time she was wrong, looking up again to see a rich and strikingly handsome man getting out of the car. He looked familiar but that was probably because he was in some newspaper she had seen in the garbage, but she couldn't put a name to the face. Taking her hands out her pocket she took a plate and accepted everything that was given to her. Today's meal was eggs, cream of wheat (w/ sugar), sausages, and pancakes. At then end was a selection of fruits and bottles of water. She grabbed everything she could, stuffed it into her bag and grabbed a container to save leftovers. She definitely didn't want anything to go to waste.

**Leo's P.O.V**

My PR told me today that I had to come out and start to repair my public image, starting with going to the soup kitchen downtown and serving some homeless people. I'm not exactly a snobby person but I just wasn't really feeling community service like. I wanted to stay in my penthouse uptown and be antisocial. Since my last stunt outside didn't go down so well, I didn't see the need to allow for another to happen.

But Iistened as my father called and told me to "Get off my ass and do something that would benefit my company. Dressed in some jeans and my dark blue button down I grabbed my pea-coat and told Larry to bring around the car (town car). Ready to go I set off downtown to start to do some image repair, little did I know that down in the homeless I would find my quartz beauty and she would change my life forever.