Chapter 2

I quietly walked passed the kitchen counter and saw the fridge door wide open. I ducked behind the open door, ready to attack when the person closed the door. We stared at each other for a few seconds and then screamed at the top of our lungs. I scrambled backwards and tripped, falling hard on my butt. He hit the backdoor.

 "WHO ARE YOU? WHAT DO YOU WANT?" I yelled, struggling to get up.

 "I JUST WANT ME SOME FOOD!" He yelled back, defensively holding his arms up to his face.

 I blinked. His clothes were torn and muddy. "You.. You need food?" I asked rather calmly. He nodded rapidly taking a bite from the sandwich that was in his hands. He didn't look much older than me.

 "THEN WHY DID YOU BREAK IN YOU COULD'VE RINGED THE BELL YOU TRASH-HEAD!" Anger took a toll at me and I chased after him. We ran in circles around the dining table. He pushed the chairs in my wait to slow me down.

 "As if you wouldve opened!" He muffled through his stuffed mouth.

 I stopped. "Yes I wouldn't! But breaking in is wrong!"

 "I know! What other option do I have?"

"But - fine, sit down. He looked at me, incredulously for a second and then rushed towards a chair.

 "I'll get you some food." I quickly went to the fridge and threw some leftover sandwiches in a plate and placed it in the microwave. As the food heated, I poured out some coke in a glass.

 When I went back to him with the food, he was playing with his hands while talking to himself.

 His eyes lit up when he saw the food being placed in front of him. He thanked me and stuffed down a hot sandwich.

 "Be careful!-"

 "Arghh!" Tears pooled at the corners of his eyes. He gulped down the cold drink.

 "Jesus," I muttered to myself.

He burped before keeping the empty glass down and began eating again.

I rolled my eyes at him. He chewed on his last big bite and looked at me, deep in the eyes.

He said, with his voice deep and dead serious face, "beware."

"Beware of what?" I asked, confused.

"People... the people around you. They-" he started choking and I ran to get a glass of water but turned back to the chair empty.

I looked around and saw the main door open.

I sighed and locked the door properly. I went upstairs back to my room, his words still lingering in my head. "Beware of the people." He had said. Why? I barely even talked to anyone. Only Jordan, and now Kylie too. They'd never hurt me.

I plopped down on my bed still trying to figure out what he meant before drifting off to sleep.