i was an island

Based off the lovely thederpartist's animatic on YouTube. She has an Instagram and Tumblr and makes amazing art, check er' out!
Word Count: 1358
Description: Violet reminisces on her and Clem's beginning up until Clem is wheeled to Ericson's with one leg.
Fair warning, there isn't any dialogue until the end of the chapter.

***

Violet was a fighter, strong when she had to be, brave when she had to be. Unafraid of any deadhead or asshole she encountered.

Then she met Clementine, and for the first time in a long time, she was afraid.

Violet remembers the scene when she first saw her. Louis and Marlon were struggling to carry and run with the girl in both their arms. Her torso cradled in Marlon's arms and her legs in Louis'.

A child trailed them closely when they got to the gate, Willy was the first one there, opening it immediately.

All of Clementine shifted onto Marlon, and Violet watched from on top of the wall as they dragged her to the main building of the school.

The second time Violet saw her I'd the first time she felt her stomach flutter. She walked out of the double doors with Marlon, half dazed. Her eyes jumped from one object to the next filled with curiosity.

Violet turned away when the curiosity was shifted to her own character, but she could still see the way Clem looked.

There were only friendly interactions between them for the rest of Clementine's stay. From when they defended the school from walkers to being surprised by seeing Minnie and Sophie's room decorated with her and AJ's presence.

Every bit of banter and soft smile between them lead to something most of the kids noticed. Violet allowed herself to soften, when Clem was around her barriers fell and they would stay crumbled for hours after.

Violet started to feel something for Clementine. An emotion that hadn't showed itself in a long time. Violet knew her feelings were real when she stood up for Clem in the pouring rain.

Lightning cracked, almost begging the sky to open up and Clementine plead, begging Vi to help her. When she drew her knife and put herself between the brunette and Marlon, she knew that there was nothing she wouldn't do for Clem and AJ.

Her heart beat faster and louder with every glimpse, with every smile and laugh and brisk touch. In the end, all of the way Violet felt about Clem was miniscule to the way she felt at the bell tower.

Her mind popped and buzzed when Clem leaned over. Their lips fell into place with each other, like they had always belonged there.

The rebel no longer felt the need to be angry. The wolf no longer wanted to be apart from the pack. Not if Clementine was there. When her hand glided over to Clem's the instinct to be isolated from everyone completely crashed. She was a warrior lowering her sword, and she could only hope Clem would stay.

Violet loved her. She loved her as much as she knew what love was. So the thought of losing her could almost crush Vi's heart.

The lovers were separated twice during the mission to save Louis, Aasim, and Omar. Both times, well, crushed her heart.

Violet started to think, other than a few close friends, she had been alone almost her entire life or at least wanted to be, (BPD doesn't exactly make you the most popular in the apocalypse). If Violet was left alone now, even after years of being used to it, it would be devastating. It meaning life without Clem. Violet would return to the way she was, and she didn't want that.

With all the worrying of losing Clem she should have been ecstatic to see her again. And she was excited to see her but not like this.

AJ huffed behind a wheel barrel bigger than he was. The gruesome image of Clem unconscious, covered in blood and missing half a leg was horrifying.

The blonde yelled out for Ruby and rushed over to AJ. She immediately scooped the girl into her arms panicking as everyone crowded in. As soon as Violet's eyes met Ruby's she ran to the center building, following behind the Texan.

"Is she going to be okay?!" Violet felt tears drip from her eyes as Clem laid limp on the "medical table."

"Hon, I don't know." Ruby unwrapped Clementine's leg like it was a package and Violet gagged at the sight of seeing the gore.

AJ and the others appeared in the doorway, all wearing the same terrified expressions.

AJ made his way toward Clem, his hand stretched out for hers. A tear rolled down his face and he looked to Vi with sad eyee.

"This isn't going to be pretty. Ya'll should leave until she's stable." Ruby looked at Violet and AJ, trying to give a comforting smile. "I'll have Aasim get you if anything happens."

Violet sniffed and nodded. She wouldn't be so content with leaving Clem's side but seeing her like this was something she could do without. It also was an event she would prefer AJ not dealing with so young.

Violet left a lingering kiss on Clementine's forehead, then took AJ's hand to leave. Everyone else but Aasim and Ruby slowly left, uneasiness shrouded the whole of Ericson.

Violet took AJ to his room, trying to hold back her sobs so he could let his out.

"She got bit." He said in between each cry. "She told me to kill her and that I had to, but I didn't want to!" The boy wrapped his arms around Violet's waist and let her clothing soak his tears.

Violet sunk to his level and held him back, "AJ, look at me, it's going to be okay. You did the right thing. She might just survive because of you."

AJ brushed away a tear, "Do you really think that?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I do." Violet's mouth tugged up slightly. She glanced past him at the room. "Y'know, Clem might appreciate it if we clean the room up for when she wakes up."

AJ followed her gaze, "There's like, one thing on the floor." His breathing started to slow and his hiccups lessened in frequency.

"There's several things on the floor, and two unmade beds." Violet pushed herself up and began to tidy up, AJ decided to follow her example.

The sun began to set so Violet and AJ took advantage of the remaining light to pick flowers for Clementine. "A present for when she wakes up" AJ had called it.

Ruby had stuck to her word and Aasim came running as soon as Clem was stitched, cleaned, and whatnot.

She had been sleeping in her room for the past three hours. Then the past twelve. Then almost for the past two days. Violet tried to stay by her side for as long as possible, waiting for her to wake up.

She sat on the night stand, looking out at the stars. Clementine rustled in her sleep, which Ruby was very glad to see during her visits because it meant she wasn't in a ten year coma.

Violet didn't pay attention to it until the bed creaked a little too loud. Her head swiveled around to see Clem supporting her self with one hand, the other rubbing her head.

"Clem!" Violet nearly pounced on the other girl, bumping their foreheads together. Tears started dripping from out Violets eyes, the smile on her lips never faltering while she held Clementine's head in her hands.

"Hey, stranger." Clem gave a light laugh.

"Why is it that either you or AJ always come here knocked the fuck out?" Violet smiled, her eyes reaching Clementine's.

The blonde instantly connected her mouth to Clem's. It was quick and sweet and Violet never realized how bad she missed this.

"What did you do to me?" Violet smiled, rubbing her thumb over Clem's cheek.

"I love you too, Vi."

***
Excuse the shitty writing, it's been a while. But I thought this song was cute, the animatic was cute, and violentine is cute. Okay. Thank you