him & her

[him]

they met once at a party. that night was all harry could think about for months. he had never seen her before, she almost looked out of place compared to the rest of the people at the party. he remembered staring at her till he had built up enough courage to go talk to her and he remembered how weird it felt to be nervous to speak to a girl; it was something he had become disaccustomed to. he had become so used to girls throwing themselves at him left and right due to his fame. he's never had to put much effort into getting attention from women but she was different.

that night she had let him bum a cigarette off of her and they just talked on the balcony of the large penthouse for hours, forgetting the party was even happening inside. nothing happened between them; no sex, no touching, no kissing, just a long conversation about nothing and everything at the same time.

it almost felt like a dream, like it had never really happened, like she was some figment of his imagination. but he knew she wasn't, she was real, and he tried so hard to find her after that night. she was beautiful to him; pale skin, brown eyes, light brown hair. he had met many pretty girls before, sure, but no one could compare to her. harry had become completely and utterly infatuated with this girl and the funny thing was, he didn't even know her name.

-

[her]

she had somehow managed to sneak into a celebrity party in some luxurious penthouse while on her trip to LA with her best friend. she had never imagined they would do this. the only reason they were in LA was because they were taking a campus tour of UCLA, the school they would be attending in the fall, not to party. she felt out of place being surrounded by so many rich, prestigious people she had only ever seen through a screen. her best friend had ran off to talk and dance with some guys almost as soon as they entered the party. she didn't mind though, she understood that it was a once in a life time opportunity to party with celebrities so she let her best friend enjoy it. besides, her friend was more outgoing than she was so she knew her friend would enjoy this type of setting more than she ever could.

she was sitting at the bar alone when he had gone up to her. she knew who he was obviously, who didn't? she was shocked, to say the least. she would've never thought a guy like harry styles would have ever given someone like her a second glance, much less talk to her. but there he was, initiating conversation.

they conversed for what felt like hours actually, leaving the party behind and sharing a smoke outside in the balcony. they clicked instantly, which surprised her, as she was never the type to become comfortable with a person so quickly.

she was saddened when her and harry's conversation was abruptly cut short due to her best friend's drunken actions getting her caught and kicked out of the party and she had to follow after her. she had left harry standing on the balcony with a quick goodbye and nothing else. she didn't give him her name, her number, nothing.

it's something she found herself regretting sometimes but at the same time she knew it was for the best. she knew that, to harry, she was just some random girl he had met that night and had paid no real mind to. she knew he would have never tried to reach out to her anyway. why would he? he was an a-list celebrity and she was just some normal girl who'd be starting college soon. regardless, that was a night she thought about often and knew she would never forget.

-

a/n: im so insecure about my writing so go easy on me im sensitive:( but im so excited to start this story soon, ik that no one's gonna read it but idc