two

it was thursday and i was laying on the couch while mindlessly watching tv - a tv that i had to buy because surprisingly, our phones weren't enough to keep nicole and i entertained. that's minus three hundred dollars on the whopping two thousand i had brought with me. i wasn't worried though, i had a job now.

i started working at groove's a couple days ago and i can already say it's honestly one of the best jobs i've had. well to be fair, i've only had one job before but anything is better than deep frying fish all day at an old fish and chips place back in maryland. having a cute guy telling me i smelled like fish after i was done working a shift was the final straw that led me to quit that wretched job. god, that was so embarrassing. i still cringe just thinking about it. just to be clear, i don't smell like fish okay!

anyway, back to groove's; it's awesome. i pretty much get paid to stand around and chat with my coworker donna. she's really nice and we instantly hit it off. that's something that rarely ever happens for me as i'm usually an awkward and pretty reserved person but donna is really easy to talk to and our conversations seem to just flow. i had asked her who this mysterious celebrity that was having a record signing at the shop was but she wouldn't tell me, calling it "a surprise." suddenly, i hate surprises. i just wanna know who it is! i'd be lying if i said the anticipation hasn't been eating at me for the past couple days but it's fun having something to look forward to.

"y'know what we should do?" nicole asks from her spot on the couch, breaking me out of my thoughts. i raise my brow and ask, "what?"

"dye our hair!" she answers excitedly. i laugh at her excitement and think about her proposition for a quick second. i've never dyed my hair before, it's always been this boring brown color and although i've had random urges to dye it before, i've never actually gone through with them. i've been too afraid of change i guess.

"uh," i say, "i don't know. i've never dyed my hair before. i don't even know what color would look good on me."

"c'mon, viv," she says, dragging out the 'c'mon', "dye your hair with me please. i can help you pick out a color and besides you'll look good with any hair color so don't even worry about that."

"hm, alright. i'll let you help pick out the color but i hope you know that if i end up looking horrible i won't hesitate to murder you." i joke.

"yay!" nicole says as she stands up from the couch and slips on her pink slides. "and that's a risk i'm willing to take." she smirks, "now get up, i'm getting us an uber."

"uh, and where are we going to exactly?" i ask as i stand up from the couch as well.

"to sally's, duh."

"wait, you meant dye our hair right now?"  i ask her nervously. i didn't think she meant today. i wasn't one to make spur of the moment decisions like these too often, especially ones having to do with changing my appearance. i was expecting to have some time to really think about it.

"obviously. let's go." she answers and we walk out the door, nicole locking it behind us.

i gulp nervously but immediately roll my eyes at myself after. i'm overthinking this way too much. it's literally just hair, if it looks bad i can just dye it back.

-

the car ride to sally's felt excruciatingly long. LA's traffic is no joke and the weird uber driver's lame attempt at flirting with me the whole drive definitely didn't help. i had no idea how to reply to him so i just awkwardly laughed, nicole snickering at how uncomfortable i was from the back seat. i still rated him five stars though - mostly out of fear that he was going to get offended and come back and murder me for not liking him back. god knows how crazy men can be - or maybe i'm just paranoid. probably the latter.