Chapter 3: 《The Secretary Job》

Prerna's  POV

The two lines appeared on the stick. Those two lines brought my world upside down.

I am pregnant!!

I didn't know how to react!

Just then, Alisha entered into the bathroom.

"What are the results Prerna?", Alisha asked me.

I came out of my trance and showed her the two lines on the stick.

Alisha looked at the stick in surprise and then started jumping in excitement.

"Yes...I am gonna become an aunt", Alisha started singing and hugged me.

I just stood there like a statue.

"Prerna...I am so happy", Alisha said, excitement visible in her tone.

"No....wait. This kit says that the results are only 99% correct", I said irrelevantly.

Alisha looked at me.

"That means I might not be pregnant. There is 1% chance", I said looking at Alisha.

Alisha looked at me confused.

I grabbed her hand and started dragging her outside.

"Where are we going?", Alisha asked me.

"To a clinic", I replied.

------------------------

I was lying on the hospital bed with my eyes closed. I was silently praying that I shouldn't be pregnant. But I wasn't sure.  I mean....I wanted the baby and I didn't want the baby. I was confused. I know I was carrying the baby of a man who I don't even know but I couldn't kill the baby for the mistake that I have done.

The doctor raised my t - shirt and applied a gel on my belly. She then, began to look carefully at the monitor.

Something strange appeared on the screen. Something very blurry. I know it was my womb but nothing was visible in it. I hopefully looked at the doctor for a reply.

"Look....that is your baby. You're pregnant Prerna", the doctor pointed towards a little black spot.

I looked at the little spot. It was so tiny. For that very moment, I felt something strange. Something that I've never felt before. The feeling was so beautiful. I felt attached to the small creature residing inside me. It was so small. I began feeling the magic of motherhood. I decided something. I'll keep this baby. If at all its baby daddy is someone I dunno, but I'll carry this baby because it's mine.

"It's so tiny", Alisha said.

I smiled back.

We completed all the procedures and walked out of the hospital.

"Are you gonna keep this baby?", Alisha asked.

"Ofcourse", I replied.

"I'm proud of you. I'm so happy Prerna, I'll always be with you", Alisha said hugging me.

She released the hug.

"Are you gonna inform that CEO about it?", Alisha asked me.

"I dunno Alisha. Will he accept this baby? I mean he is also young. I dunno how to reach him....he is a billionaire and I am a student who works as a waitress to pay her college fees", I said.

Alisha looked at me.

"No matter what happens...I'll take care of this baby....and become responsible enough to support it", I said meaning each and every word.

-------------------------------

The next day

"Prerna....look at this", Alisha exclaimed , running into our room while I was doing some yoga asanas meant for pregnant women.

"What?", I asked her.

"These are some job offers to become the secretaries of the CEO's", Alisha said forwarding me a newspaper article.

I looked at the article.

"You have a business degree which is the only qualification needed to become the Secretary....plus you have to be eligible enough", Alisha said speaking intellectually all of a sudden.

"Yeah...after all I'll have to look for a job to take care of the baby....I can't just sit at home(sighs)okay...today I'll go to give my interviews", I said.

Alisha smiled.

PRECAP: Prerna meets Anurag