2 ~ Baby.

It was day three.

Day three of silence. Unlike the past two days, I emerged from mine and Thomas' room, dressed and washed. I stepped off the last step and was greeted with a cup of cocoa in my boyfriend's hand.

"Thank you." I smiled up at the Southerner. He squeezed my hand and kissed my forehead.

"No problem. Glad you slept after last night." He said, pulling me into the front room and sitting on the sofa with me curled into his side.

"I think I needed it. Especially with us collecting our exam results." I hummed, slowly sipping from my cup.

"Already done, Sweetheart." He said, relaxing slightly. "I didn't think it'd be a good idea for us to go when everyone else would be there so I went down super early. Washington asked how everything was..." his voice trailed off, eyes watering. I set my drink down and turned to face Thomas.

"Babe," I held his hands in mine.

"S-sorry. It's just-" he hiccuped. I pulled him into my arms, my own tears spilling.

"I know hun, I know. I'm hurting too." I soothed, playing with his hair. We stayed like that for a while, calming each other down. Eventually, he sighed.

"You'd be such a good mother." He whimpered.

"You'd be a great dad." I replied. I pulled him down so we were both laying on the sofa, my small frame being held by his strong one. We stayed like that for most of the day and into the evening.

After dinner, Thomas' parents said they had a business event to go to. They'd asked numerous times throughout the day whether we'd be alright on our own and each time we said we would so they left at about seven.

Thomas and I watched a couple of shows for a while before I stood up and suggested that I should do the dishes. You could tell we were still feeling low because Thomas followed me without making a joke, saying his new nickname was dishes.

It was about nine o'clock when I heard a strange noise from outside. I sat up straight from where I'd been leaning on my boyfriend during a film.

"What's up?" He asked.

"I thought I heard something." He paused the movie and we both listened intently.

Silence.

"Must've imagined it." I sighed, slowly laying down again.

Until we both heard the noise.

"Definitely heard that." Thomas sat up as I had done, while I crept out to the kitchen. The noise got louder. It sounded like... crying?

I opened the front door and peered outside, spotting a box that I know wasn't there earlier. Only a shoe box - not that big at all - but the noise was coming from it.

Something pulled me toward that box, telling me to go to it. Thomas stood by the door and watched me curiously. I crouched down and opened the lid.

All of a sudden, the noise I'd heard made sense.

In the box, lay a baby.