øne

I wake up to the bright yellow sun shining in my face. I smile up at the sun and push aside my covers.
Today was going to be a great day and I could feel it.

Just last week I had applied to work at my local animal shelter. I love animals! You know how some girls are boy crazy? Well I'm dog crazy. I have 3 adorable dogs and i still want more. I love to pet strangers dogs and give them treats if i see them doing a good job.

Today was the day I would find out if I got the job. I was nervous, but I had a feeling that I would most likely get the job.

I rummaged through my drawers, trying to find my favorite yellow t-shirt. I called it my lucky t-shirt because whenever I wore it the sun shone brighter then ever and everything went perfect.
Once I finally find my lucky yellow shirt, I slip on my mom jeans and white vans. I try to look aesthetic, however i usually fail.

I try to pull my unruly kinky curly hair into a ponytail, but it won't let me.
I love my hair and all, but sometimes its just plain annoying and always ruins my outfits. I let out a sigh and decide to wear my hair out as an afro.
I eagerly run down the stairs and make a cup of tea and put it into my to-go mug. Then i hurry outside and hop onto my bike.

I live in the small town of pondale. Its very cute and full of ponds, lakes, beaches and cute shops.
The ride to the Pondale Animal shelter is less than a mile away from my house, so its not a long ride.

My heart thumps with anticipation as I park my bike against the metal ledge and walk into the shelter.
The door chimes as i open it and I smile as I glance around the animal filled room. I walk over to the desk and smile at the operator.
"Hi, I'm Avia Lewis, I applied for a job here last week! They said to come back today."

The operator, a young lady who look around her 30s smiled warmly at me.
"Hi! So glad you could make it. Its so nice to see young people so excited to help animals. You have been accepted."

I smiled from ear to ear. "Yay! Thank you so much Miss...?"
"Miss Bethany, but you can just call me Beth!"
"Thank you Beth!" I smiled again. "When can I get start-" I was interrupted by the chiming of the door.
"Heres the dog food Aunt Beth." A voice said from behind me. I turned towards the door and my eyes locked with a guy around my age.
He had unruly raven hair, dark eyes and smooth pale skin. He was carrying a box that was twice his size.

"Uh... hi?" He said, walking over to me, wobbling slightly. "Do you mind scooting over so I could uh, set the box down." He asked.

"O-oh Yeah." I mumbled, moving out of the way, my cheeks warmed.

"Cole, This is Avia." Beth said with a smile, "Avia, this is my nephew, Cole."
Cole does a little wave and i feel my face go red.

"Hi." I stammer, waving back. He's wearing a yellow and blue striped shirt and some jeans.
"Cole's staying for the summer. He's gonna help out around here."
Beth said while going through the box of dog food.
Cole smiled, running his hands through his hair.

"Thats cool! I'm going to be working here over the summer for a bit too." I said, glancing back over at him.

"What was your name again?" He asked, I found myself getting lost in his deep dark blue eyes.

"A-Avia." I stammer, avoiding his eye contact.
"Well see you around Avia." He said with a smile. Then he did a little wave and walked out.

When left, I felt like I could finally breathe again.

"Hey," Beth tapped my shoulder,"Do you think you can show Cole around? He's a bit of a loner and I want him to make some friends."

"Sure." I nod, tapping my fingers on the desk. "When can I get started on the job?"

"Tommorow. Here's everything you need." Beth went into a backroom and came back out with a yellow shirt that said Pondale Animal Shelter. Then there was a walkie talkie for animal rescues and a bunch of other stuff.

"Thanks." I smile, grabbing the container she put everything in.

"Thank you." She smiled back, "See ya tomorrow!"

I walked out of Pondale Shelter with a bright smile.
One: because I got the job.
two: because the most cliche teen romance thing happened.
And three: because i had a feeling this would be one of the best summers of my life.

N/A:
Hi again! Thank you for reading chapter one of love and puppies!
I hope you guys liked the book and that my writing wasn't too bad! Please vote and comment if you enjoyed this book! Once i get 10 votes and comments i will post chapter two✨✌💫