PROLOGUE

UNDERTOW
prologue.

ཻུ۪۪༄ ☆‧. °

    The slight chill in the wind blew past Wren's face as she was reaching for the pile of flowers to plant in her newly made flower bed

The slight chill in the wind blew past Wren's face as she was reaching for the pile of flowers to plant in her newly made flower bed. She could feel the cold in her chest when she inhaled the cool air.

There was a difference in the atmosphere. She could almost feel it, she had taken notice of it right after Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark, the victors of last year's Hunger Games, visited her district on their victory tour. Reading the same damn old speech that Wren knew the capitol has prepared just for her and her star-crossed lover. She knew because that's what they forced her to do when she had to go from district to district and almost apologize for the deaths of innocent children.

Two victors. She knew Snow didn't like that. They stared sending more reinforcements of peacekeepers to her district, which caused Wren to question why. She never really spoke to her fellow victors about anything so she could not go to them for any closure. They had nothing to talk about, and nothing in common. The only thing that her and her fellow victors had in common was one thing that they wished to forget, so why be around the people who only make you remember?

Wren patted the ground around her newly planted marigolds and took a deep breath. A moment of silence went by before the abrupt sound of a gunshot rang through the air, echoing through the trees.

Wren sprang up from her crouched position and started towards the main area of her district. While in the midst of running, she spotted a painting on a wall behind an abandoned building. A bird. But she recognized it. It was the same bird on katniss everdeen's trinket that she kept with her during her games. Wren halted for a moment, before resuming her sprint towards town, which wasn't far from her district's victors village.

She came to a stop as she made it to the main building that was placed in the center of the district. there were peacekeepers everywhere, one at every corner, forcing people into their homes and screaming. Wren didn't know exactly what was happening. But anger pierced her as she watched the peacekeepers shove the people of her district around like dolls.

She gazed at the sight before a peacekeeper made their way up to her, ordering her up to her home. She turned around, and with one last glance over her shoulder stared at them sharply, before walking to make her way back to the victor's village.

When she arrived home, out of the cold and in the warm air of her kitchen, she steadied herself on her counter. She took in a deep breath, letting it out and feeling the congestion from being in the cold already hitting her.

She wasn't scared from what happened in her district today, she was angry. The anger boiling in her towards the capitol was hotter than ever as of now. And something was coming, she could feel it.

━━━━ AUTHOR'S NOTE ━━━━
ཻུ۪۪༄ ☆‧. °

i'm sorry :,) this is not my best writing
but i had to get something out there before
people lost some interest in my book haha.
thank you for reading :)

UNDERTOW