~7~

I raise my gun and out of nowhere, Damien comes running in and jumping on my mom. Two gunshots rang in my ears and I turned to see Sarah laying on the ground, blood covering her pajamas, her hands on her stomach. She's been shot. I run to her side and fall to my knees.
"Sarah! Sarah, move your hands! Let me see" I say between sobs. She raises her hands and I see they are coated in blood.
"S-Sage...I-it hurts" Sarah says. I look up at her face and see she is already as pale as if she were dead, and she had tears streaming down her face.
"I know. It's going to hurt. We'll get you all fixed up. It'll feel all better." I promise her as I lift her into a sitting position. I slip my arm under her knees and throw her arm over my shoulders. I support her back with my free hand and slowly stand, ignoring her cries of pain and pleas to stop.
"Sage! Put me down! Let me die!" She shouts at me before wincing. Maybe talking hurts her.
"Don't talk Sarah. I know it hurts. That's why I'm going to get you to Dr. Stevens. She'll fix you" I say as I step over a dead body. I look down at the body and see it's none other, than Dr. Stevens
"You see that! This is my fate! This is how I die!" Sarah shouts at me while pointing to the dead Dr. Stevens
"I'll fix you myself"
"SAGE SINCLAIR! I'm not going to make-" She starts but I cut her off
"NO! I know you are! We both are!" I say as I continue to walk
"No Sage, you are. You are going to make it. You are going to beat this world. And you have to do it without me." Sarah says. She closes her eyes and her breathing slows down.
"Sarah! Don't give up on me now Sarah!"
"Sage....I was...never.. Gah! Meant for this ...world...... You can make it" My pase quickens as I walk faster. I just about reach the door to the 'hospital' when Sarah starts gasping for air. Tears fill my vision and Sarah's cries are all I hear. I have to make it. She has to make it. I open the door and Sarah starts squirming around in my arms. We are just about into where people go when they are hurt when her squirming stops. I look at Sarah and see her eyes are closed. My eyes fall to her chest where it was no longer rising and falling.
"NO! SARAH!" I cry as I fall to my knees, dropping Sarah out of my grasp. "Don't do this to me Sarah. We were going to have fun tonight, You weren't supposed to die." I cry over her dead body. This was never supposed to happen to her. Mom had the gun aimed at me. This was supposed to be me. My best friend just died in my arms. Its all my fault. I couldn't have ran faster. I bet she would still be alive if I had just stayed in the house like I was told. It's all my fault. NO! It's all Mom's fault. I jump up from my spot on the floor and wipe my eyes. I run out of the building with my gun in my hand, towards where I left Mom. I turn the corner and see Damien laying on the ground, a puddle of blood around him.
"No....No no no no no" I breathe as I run to his body. "DAMIEN!" I shout when I get to him and see his eyes are closed. I put a hand on his cheek and he flinches under my touch
"I'm still here." He says opening his eyes and smiling at me. I frown at him and slap his arm "Hey!"
"You scared me half to death!" I scream at him and hug him tightly
"Sorry. Your mom shot me after she shot Sarah."
"She shot you?!" Not him too
"Yeah. Just grazed my hip. I'm fine"
"Thank god"
"And Sarah? I-is she okay?"
"No" I say looking at my pajamas which were no longer white, but red with Sarah blood.
"I-is that...H-her blood?" I nod
"She didn't make it" I say letting tears fall from my face
"And either will you" Mom says from behind us. I whip my head around to see my psycho mom aiming her rifle at me.
"Mom...Y-you don't have to do this" I plead with her. I stand up hoping that she will drop her gun, but that didn't happen. Instead, the barrel of her gun followed my head as I stood. Without hesitation, I raised my gun to her head and she gave me a look of shock
"W-where did you get that?"
"Picked it off a biter a while before we found Woodbury. Shows what kind of mom you are. You don't even realize your thirteen year old daughter has a gun." I say, a slight smirk forming on my lips. My finger curls around the trigger trying to get Mom to drop her gun, thinking I was going to shoot her. I wasn't though.
"You wouldn't shoot your own mother would you Sage?"
"You wouldn't shoot your own daughter would you Martha?" I ask mimicking her and using her name instead of 'Mom'. She lost that title when she aimed that gun at my head. A wave of shock washed over her face and she lowered her rifle a little, but raised it almost as quickly as she lowered it.
"Yes I would. You're not my daughter"
"What?" I breathed
"I don't even know who you are! All I know is that I woke up one day about a year ago, next to your dad and I just went with the flow!" I stared at my mom in shock. No! She's not my mom! She's Martha, a crazy lady who I've been living with for a year. "And now I'm going to kill you!" She said as her finger curled around the trigger of her rifle. I saw her go to pull the trigger and time seemed to slow down. What happened next will scar me for the rest of my life. No matter what I do, this will always come out as the worst.