1

The sunlight steamed through the hotel windows as you blinked trying to gain your bearings. Rolling over to find the bed empty as the door opens and in walks Dansby. "Hey sleepy head", he grins. "I went out and got breakfast!" Dansby says holding up a McDonald's bag. Jumping out of bed and snatching the bag, you smile. "Thanks Dans" you reply. After eating breakfast together you start getting ready to leave for the game that night against the Dodgers.

Fast forward until the game ends.

With a sigh you stand up and make your way to the clubhouse, knowing that Dansby won't be happy with the loss. The Braves just lost to the Dodgers 0 to 9. Entering the clubhouse you take a seat and wait for Dansby. 10 minutes later he emerges from the showers with a frown. Having expected this, you don't say anything. Both of you stayed quite as you put your hand in his.

Waving bye to the guys the two of you make your way back to the hotel

Waving bye to the guys the two of you make your way back to the hotel. Once back at the hotel, Dansby immediately goes into the bathroom. You let out a sigh. After changing into a large shirt of Dansby's, you hop into bed with a book. After a few minutes goes by Dansby comes into the room. You look up when he comes to the side of the bed and takes the book from your hands. "Babe! I was reading tha-" you exclaim sitting up. Still without saying anything he sets the books down then lays down putting his head in your lap. You sit still for a second before combing your fingers though his hair humming quietly. After a few minutes he lets out a tired sigh. "Want to talk about it" you ask. He rolls over. "I just am really disappointed" he finally says. "I feel like I've let the team down". "Dans it wasn't you fault y'all lost" you say Looking down at him. "You lost this game, now you put it in the past and move on." "You don't have to try and prove yourself to the fans and team." Dansby looks up at you for a second before kissing you. Breaking the kiss after a moment he hugs you. "I love you    baby girl" he whispers. "I love you too Dans" you whisper before the both of you roll over and fall asleep still in each other's arms.