I Thought You Were Different

ETHANS P.O.V—

Dinner was on the table and we were all sitting down and eating.
"Malia dinners ready!" Yasmine yelled as she stood by the stairs.

"Mom Malia isn't here." Zack told her.
She sat down at the table and gave a confused look.

"Why where's she gone?"
I answered and then chuckled "Oh she said she wanted to make a change to someone's life so I gave her some advice."

I carried on eating my pasta and I could tell Yasmine was staring at me.
I looked up at her and raised my eyebrow.

"What?" I shrugged.
She pointed at me with a serious look "You gave our daughter advice?!"

I dropped my fork and it made a noise as it hit my plate.
"Oh shit." My eyes widened.

"Mom What's shit?" Zack looked at Yasmine.

Yasmine got up from her seat "ETHAN!"

~
MALIAS P.O.V—

Someone opened the front door and I was guessing it was one of the workers.

"Welcome back Mr Dawson."
Aidan nodded at her with a smile. He put his hand out, signalling me to go into the house first.

"Mal this is the caretaker Evelyn....and my nanny." He said the last bit with embarrassment.
"Evelyn this is Malia."
The caretaker shook my hand and it all felt as if the second I stepped in the house, I teleported to 1924.

Everything was so old fashioned.

The place looked really modern but the way everyone acted was so....weird.

"Mrs Montgomery will be with you in a few minutes, she's just finishing off a business call." Evelyn said and she went back into the other room.
"And by business call she actually means that my mom is on the phone to her stuck up boyfriend." Aidan whispered to me and he rolled his eyes.

"Ohhh."
I followed him into the kitchen and he both sat down on the breakfast bar.

I kept on looking around and this wasn't what I expected.
"So....you live here?" I said awkwardly and I scratched the back of my head.

He nodded "pretty much yeah."
"I never expected you to live here."

"Why?" Aidan asked me.
"Well because-"

"Because I'm not the type of person to be living in a big house with a rich family even though I look like a scraper." He interrupted me.
I didn't respond back but smile.

"Don't worry, lots of people think that."
"Then why do you hide who you really are?"

Jut before he could answer me, I heard someone come into the kitchen.
"Mom." Aidan quickly got up and he gave her a fake smile.
She gave him a kiss on the cheek and she immediately looked back at me.

"Whose this?" His Mom asked him.

"Mom this is Mal."
I stood up to shake her hand but she didn't take it.

She stared and looked down at me.
"Mal?" His mom slightly raised her voice and looked at Aidan.

Aidan sighed and rolled his eyes.
"Mom this is Malia Rosalie Dolan."
I tried not to laugh so I pursed my lips together.

"Aidan have you no manners? You haven't showed our guest around." She snapped at him.
What the fuck.

"Well she did kinda just get here." He answered back.
His mom cleared her throat glared at Aidan.

"Mal let's go."
I followed him out of the kitchen but she stopped us again.
"Oh and Aidan don't be home late, I've got good news."

Aidan turned to face her "Good news?"
She nodded and held up her hand, showing an engagement ring "Elliot and I are getting married." His mom had a big smile on her face but Aidan didn't.

"Wow that's great." Aidan rolled his eyes and sighed.
I knew Aidan was pissed off at what his mom said but why?

"Let's go Mal." He said to me again and I followed him out.
The house was so big that I was sure that I could get lost here.
It was good that he was here to show me around.

We went upstairs and he stopped at the door all the way at the end of the hall.
"This is my room." He said before opening the door.
My jaw dropped.

"Wow." Was the first thing I said.
It looked like something from a movie (A/N—Or something from Pinterest😂).

The bedroom had a small balcony outside with an amazing view. It really was something from a movie.

"What do you think?" Aidan stood by the door with his arms crossed.
I turned around to face him and I smiled. "Thanks for having me over but what has this got to do with that question I asked you?" I asked him but at the same time I was still confused on what the "question" was.

"I told you my life was complicated but I just didn't think you'd believe me so I had to let you see it for yourself."
I raised my eyebrow.
"And your life is complicated because?"

"Because this is my moms fourth time getting married. She marries again thinking it's all a love story but really the men are just in it for the money. I've told her countless amount of times but she doesn't listen. My Dad ran away when I was 4 after an argument that I still don't know about till this day. I live in a rich household that I don't even wanna live in, I just have to live up to all of my moms expectations." He shrugged.

Damn!

"I'm sorry about your Dad.....and mom." I didn't know what else to say but put my hand on his shoulder and tell him everything was going to be okay.
But was it?

~
11:30pm—

Aidan stopped the car right outside my house.
"Thanks." I quickly took my seat belt off, opened my door and ran to the house.

I stopped at the front door, getting my keys out but I realised it was already open.
"Crap." I muttered.
That meant mom and Dad knew I was out late and I was in trouble.

I slowly opened the door and I saw mom and Dad sitting on the couch in the living room.

"You better start explaining." Mom looked at me and glared.
Oh shit!