RANT

So, TWICE today I had issues with people being under-educated about service dogs.TWICE. I had to leave my local Party City because I don't have paperwork for my dog. YOU DO NOT NEED PAPERWORK!!!!!! The only reasons you can kick out a dog from an establishment is if the dog is behaving badly and the handler isn't correcting the behaviour OR if the dog poses a DIRECT THREAT to the security of the people around it!

Then, I was at my local Wendy's and a lady behind me had her kids. They were trying to pet my dog so I politely asked 'please don't distract my dog, she's working' they kids then left her alone, for a few seconds until I turned around again to find them making eye contact and distracting my dog again. So, I told my dog 'leave it' and 'focus' she did, like a good dog. As I was leaving the line, the lady was like 'they weren't even touching your dog' and I was like 'I know, but they were still distracting her' and the lady said 'well if you don't want that to happen, don't take your dog in here.' I then left, about to have an anxiety attack. Hikari licked my leg, alerting to my anxiety and stayed close to me, trying to make sure I was okay.

I need my service dog with me because I have severe anxiety and she stops me from hurting myself. Hikari serves a purpose. She is helping me to live a somewhat normal life. HIkari is NOT a direct threat and if she's bad, I correct her behaviour. There is NO reason I should have been kicked out. There is no reasont hat lady should have said that.

People being under-educated about service dogs and etiquette around service dogs makes me upset. It should be taught in school because service dogs are EVERYWHERE! If you are unsure about something for service dogs, pleae look it up! Go to the ADA website or contact me. I have done my research and I even have cards made with the laws on them.

Even if you cannot see the person's disability, it doesn't mean that they don't have one! NOT ALL DISABLITYIES ARE VISABLE!!!!!!!!!

(Thank you all for reading this. Have a good day/night/afternoon/morning)

Luv y'all,
Erin Jaeger

(I found this link. Please read it. It's a list of things people with mental disabilities are tired of hearing and I relate to at least half of them) https://twentytwowords.com/people-with-mental-disabilities-explain-what-they-most-hate-hearing-about-their-disability/?utm_source=facebook-bj3&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=bj3-23843413227660386&utm_content=Mental+Disability+2+-+R10%3E1.5+-+MF+18-65+Android )