R x E x N [Implied romatic] "All my love"

Warning: Suicide implied, angst, Ray-Centric
~~~~~~~
Notes before reading:
•Ray has had the new lives restart over and over.
•he always meets Norman and Emma and become friends.
•He remembers all of his lives.
•Norman and Emma always die brutally before him.
•He grasps At everything he can never have.
========================

The Stars shined brightly at nigh, so beautiful. Just like how it was at Grace Field. But even with his amazing memory.. all the restarts of his life in new places became hazy.

Norman threw his arms over the railing and Emma sighed in comfort.
"I've been doing this wrong.." Ray said out of the blue. Both turned their heads to him. Ray let a small smile cover his face.

"What do you mean?" Emma asked titling her head. She had such an innocent face in this life. She was never tainted with demons, blood, loss, family.. Same goes for Norman. No worries in his eyes, everything was calculated no one was able to throw him off. Not like before..

"I've waited. And in the end it I was left all alone.. then it repeats..." Ray said sadly looking down the cliff. Such a long way down to fall.
"So I won't wait anymore!" Ray said turning fully to them both. Determined on his face. If this is his last life with them... then let them be happy. Norman and Emma had confused looks on their faces. But Ray ignored it and dug into his pocket. He pulled out a string, red, a faded red. He held it out to them.

"String?" Norman asked titling his head a bit. Ray nodded,
"It's part of something I love."
Ray said staring into their eyes.
Emma smiled warmly,
"I'm glad you love something, Ray, but what does it go to?"

Ray smiled,
"You two know. Even if you can't think about it right now..." Ray said with a sad, fond smile. Ray extended his hand farther to them,
"I want you two to have it."
Norman let the string fall into his hand softly. It brought nostalgia to him and Emma. A time of fake happiness. But Warm smiles.

"It doesn't seem like much, huh? I can't keep the other parts.. and I don't want to. It's not really about the string.. it's not even the same string... but what the memories it holds."

Emma and Norman smiled softly, everything about their expression was a soft understanding. Ray pulled himself onto the railing. He let himself smile,
"Tell then I say goodbye and thank you. Even if they don't remember."
Ray sighed, "Also apologize to Conny and the rest."
"Ray-"

Ray shushed them with a finger to his own mouth. He sighed whispered a "I lost" and let himself fall back,

"Goodbye, Emma, Norman."