Chapter 1

Location: Earth 616
Date: 3rd May 2034

Bleep. Bleep. Bleep.
"Ugh." The sleepy figure rolled to its side and slammed its hand down on the alarm. 'Nothing better than the sound of an alarm clock screaming at you to get up.' It thought sarcastically. The figure rolled back to the other side of its bed and continued to finish what it started before being interrupted.

45 minutes later.
Clink. Clink. Clink.
"Ugh. What the hell?" The sleepy figure once again was rudely interrupted. "What do I have to do to get some sleep around here?"

"Hey sleepy head. Hurry up we're going to be late." They paused. "Again." They shouted up to the figures bedroom window after throwing pebbles at it in a hope to get them up.

"Late for what?" They mumbled.

"Hmm let me think. Oh i don't know maybe just school." The nuisance replied.

"Seriously? We just get back off a mission and we have to go to school the next morning!" The sleepy head moaned.

"Well technically your dad is the one who makes the rules."

"Ugh."

"Look if you don't hurry up I'm coming up there and dragging you out myself. We have 15 minutes before the bell."

"Okay. I'm getting up now." The figure lied and went to roll over back to sleep.

"Fine then." Ding dong. "Hello Mrs Barton."

"Good Morning Morgan. How are you today?" Laura Barton the wife of Clint Barton aka Hawkeye and the mother of Morgan's best friend asked.

"I'm good thank you but I would be much better if someone would get out of bed and not be late for the 8th time in a row." She shouted up the stairs to emphasise her point. "He's not the only one who gets the blame you know."

"Alright, alright I'm here okay." He replied as he slid down the handrail of the stairs.

"Nathaniel how many times have I told you to stop doing that."

"Sorry mom. Let's go Morgan." He replied grabbing his bag in the process and swinging it over his shoulder.

"Enjoy your day kids and don't get into too much trouble."

"No promises." They both replied simultaneously chuckling.

"And how are we to get to school today?" Nathaniel asked.

"My hover board." Morgan smirked.

"Awe yes my favourite. I still can't believe you haven't got me one of these yet."

"It's still a prototype." Morgan laughed.

"And?" Nathaniel prompted.

"Therefore it could be dangerous." Morgan replied. "Hop on."

Nathaniel sat at the back of the board while Morgan started it up. "Wait."

"What now?" Morgan huffed.

"Can we stop off for food first I haven't exactly had time to eat breakfast."

"Fine. But make it snappy, we are already behind schedule."

"Roger that."

———————————————

"James. James. JAMES. Wake up." Torunn violently shook James.

"Ugh. My head is killing me. Where are we?" James groaned.

"I don't know. We seem to be in some sort of back alley." Torunn replied.