Light Bender: Twenty Six

The cursed son of winter shall fall

"James! Look, I can make ice just like you." A young boy giggled, holding out his pale hands. His fingers lightly covered in frost. Cheeks tinged pink as the boy waved his hands frantically in front of James' face.

James gently pushed the child's hands away.

"I can see that," he told him. The child gave out a small screech and laugh hybrid. Snowflakes flowed through his fingertips. The air turning the snowflakes into a nest of flurries. His warm chocolate eyes sparkled as he made more ice-based creations.

His fingers wove integrate designs. A mass of snowflakes shot through the air. Small shards of ice nipped at James's skin.

"Aren't you tiring out yet, Samael?" James found himself asking as he watched his brother form small blizzards in the air. Samael shook his head, letting his hair fluff up at the top of his head. His nose was turning red as he flicked his wrist.

The snowflakes exploded into a thousand molecule-sized icy pieces. The snow that had gotten to the ground turned to ice. The ice shot up to make sharp spikes. If James was any closer, he would have been impaled.

"Why do you keep doing this, w-when you know that all your creations will turn to swords?!" Samael chuckled at James question. In that moment, the 6 year old boy seemed like an old man. The light in his eyes dimmed and his smile was more sinister than gleeful.

"I like to watch the world around me freeze. I like to see chaos take control."

With those words, Samael stumbled. James gasped and ran to catch him. He scratched himself on the ice that was now sharper than any sword. Blood ran down the icicles as he ran to catch his brother.

The ice shattered when Samael fell into their embracing arms. Blood ran out of his mouth as James tried to shake him awake.

"We need a medic!" He screamed at Eve. She had just been sneaking outside the cabin via the back door. Not only had she been stopped from trying to sleep over in the Athena cabin, but she had seen Samael's display of ice-control.

She went pale and started a dead sprint to the Apollo cabin. The harpies had yet to start scouting for disturbances. The moon was barely visible, hiding behind the hues of the setting sun.

"Dammit Samael, wake up! I told you not to over to it, dummy!" James yelled at him while shaking his brother's shoulders.