Chapter 2

Leona POV

My eyes widen as I saw Edward just stop the van heading to crush Bella and I glance at Shawn who seems to have seen what just happened.

"Wha.. what was that?" Shawn says looking at me and my mind went blank.

"It... uh it was just an adrenaline rush.. he probably didn't want her to get hurt it happens more often than you think." I say composing myself as my eyes land on Alice who looked at me basically telling me we should go.

"I have to go." I say before making my way towards them.

"What were you doing with him?" Rosalie asked as soon as we were driving away.

"We were just walking the same direction, that's all." I say.

"No you weren't, you were talking to him." Rosalie answers glancing at me.

"Ok then maybe I was.. maybe I was talking to him, maybe I enjoyed talking to him, maybe he's funny and kind and so different from all the human men I've met in my life.. maybe he's funny and got me to giggle, maybe he's easy to talk to.. but that doesn't mean I can be with him or get to know him more.. trust me I know that." I say looking at the trees pass us. I feel Rosalie glancing at me as Alice was looking at me but I ignored it. As soon as Rosalie made it to the hospital Alice moved to the drivers seat and I took the passenger one heading home.

"You don't need to listen to Rosalie Leo.. I mean it can be dangerous but he doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would do anything wrong.. besides." Alice says making me look at her.

"Besides what?" I ask raising a brow.

"I had a vision of the two of you." She said making my eyes widen.

"Vision.. Vision like what type of vision? Like he was actually like us or human?" I ask Alice but she stayed quiet giving me my answer.

"I'm not talking to him again." I say looking outside again.

"Leo you sometimes need to be selfish.. if you want to be with him then be with him.. look at Edward he just saved his singer even though it means he'd expose us." Alice says but I shake my head.

"I am not going to do this to him Alice.. he has the chance to have a normal life I'm not going to ruin that." I say in a harsh way crossing my hands making her sigh.

"What if that's what he wants?" She asks and I shake my head.

"It doesn't matter anymore, I'll stop talking to him." I say a sigh leaving my lips as we make it home and I dash out Jasper giving me a look to which I for once ignored and walked to my room. 

My room unlike all the others did have a bed, no it's not because I sleep cause I don't. But I do enjoy laying down and get lost in my head or in music, it's the closest to sleep I've gotten since Carlisle changed me. My room like the others had glass doors that lead to a balcony, but the walls are painted an ocean blue color. The bed was right in the middle on of one of the walls with book shelves at either side, records and casetes discs under the tv some of them with my name others being movies or artist music. A small white couch where I could comfortably read sat just a few feet from the foot of my bed. Guitars were on the left side of the room with speakers. With the walk in closet being on the right side of the room where photos of me lie. I don't even know why they're there, I guess Alice wanted to give me a small reminder of when I was human but it's a bittersweet feeling. In that same wall was also a desk with my white laptop and a work light over it where I could do homework.

"Can I come in?" I hear a knock on the door making me turn around to see Jasper standing there.

"Yeah.." I say taking a seat on the bed and he mirrored my movement.

"Why are you so upset?" He asked after some time in silence moving closer to me wrapping me in his arms as if I was a little kid which of course to him I am.. compared to all of them considering I'm only 84 years old, the newest edition to the family.

"It's nothing really.." I say leaning my head on his shoulder and suddenly I had the need to tell him which made me groan.

"I hate you." I say to which he smirks with a chuckle.

"It's about Shawn.. Alice said she saw a vision about the two of us.." I answer and I see a tiny smirk on his lips.

"Don't give me that face! I'll stop talking to him! Bringing him into this life is just.. it's just going to bring more trouble than it's worth." I say but he made me look at him holding my chin tightly.

"Look me in the eyes and tell me you actually want to stay away, that you don't want to talk to him again." His eyes were so intense I continued to open and close my mouth not able to say the words.

"I thought so.." He says still looking in my eyes now moving his hand to my cheek and giving me a small smile.

"We all want you to be happy Leo and if a human can do that then we're no one to tell you other wise.. Rosalie won't be so happy but she will eventually accepted for you.. Edward on the other hand, well.." I giggle and he kisses my head.

"You're our baby sister Leo.. we'd do anything for you." He says before getting up.

"Just.. think about it. I'm sure Rosalie will be here to talk to you as well in a bit." He says before walking out closing the door behind him. He's really making me think about isn't he?