Chapter 1: First Day

Rayne's POV

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

"Ughhh..."

I roll over and try to find my phone so I can turn this stupid thing off, and of course it ended up on the floor, so I had to get up. Stupid phone. Its the first day of school and I am so not ready. As I try to keep my eyes open I see the time on the clock. 6:45am. Ughhhh. I hate mornings.

I roll...literally...off my bed and crawl to my bathroom to take a shower. I start it up and strip out of my pajamas, and as soon as I step in I am fully awake. I quickly finish and wrap a towel around my head and body. I walk back to my room and look through my closet for an outfit.

After what felt like hours I finally grabbed a pair of dark blue jeans, a white tank top, a green cardigan and my short brown combat boots

After what felt like hours I finally grabbed a pair of dark blue jeans, a white tank top, a green cardigan and my short brown combat boots. I put it on and walked over to my vanity to put in a pair of white rose earrings. I blow dried my hair and then straightened it, and then put light makeup on. I walked to my bed, grabbed my phone, grabbed my bag and walked downstairs.

"Morning mom!" I yelled as I ran down the stairs.

"Morning honey! There are waffles on the island and a fresh pot of coffee," she called back.

"Thanks mom."

"Mhmm."

My mom and I have always been cheerful in the mornings once we are up, but we still need our coffee otherwise I don't think we could live.

"Are you walking with Greyson to school?" She asks as she walks into the kitchen.

I nod my head as I shove waffles into my mouth. I concentrate back on my food and hear my mother chuckle.

"Did you even taste anything?" She asks as I finish.

"Yeah. Sorry I'm rushing mom, I just don't want to be late on the first day, and knowing Greyson he probably isn't even up yet," I say as I bring my plate to the sink and rinse it.

At that moment the door swung open and in came my best friend.

"Good morning Winters!" He calls.

"Good morning Greyson, dear," my mom says with a smile looking towards me, "there are waffles left over if you would like some."

He smiles, "How could I pass up Mrs. Winters famous waffles."

I look at him and say, "No time to sit and eat. Bring some with you, we gotta go!"

I grab my phone and out it in my pocket and grab my bag. I rush to my mom and give her a quick kiss on the cheek and speed walk over to Greyson. I grab his hand and pull him to the door.

"Well good morning to you too, Muffin," he chuckles and turns around before we walk out the door and shouts, "have a good day Mrs. Winters!"

"Both of you have a great first day!" She calls back as soon as they walk out the door.