Chapter 3

Chapter 3: “What do you think you are doing?”

It’s almost the end of my last first semester. This means three things: My last season of color guard is coming to an end, I’m almost an adult, and I have to go to London in a couple of weeks. Let’s just say that I am in a whirlwind of emotions.

I don’t like it.

I never thought that when I would be here that I would feel this way. I have seen my Seniors leave and it has always been difficult. However, it is a completely different feeling of difficult now that I am the Senior. I have never been the type of person who has been ready to get out. I don’t have senioritis and I am definitely content with where I am. The days go on, though, and there is nothing I can do to stop them. I am just glad that today is a Saturday.

Sicily and I have plans to drive the couple hours into downtown to go to the mall. She says that she needs to get me out more. I appreciate the thought, it’s just the one flaw is that I have to drive. So in reality, I am taking her out.

I had just finished getting ready when I heard a knock at the door.

“Dusty! If we don’t go now then we can’t maximize our time at the mall! Let’s go please!” Sicily’s voice rings loudly through my closed door.

“Oh, how could we ever live with that?” I mumble under my breath.

“Hey, I heard that! You are not as quiet as you think, Missy!”

Oops

As soon as I unlocked my door, it was flung open and a hand grabbed my upper arm and dragged me down the stairs to the car. Everything happened so fast that I barely had time to process what was going on, let alone call out a goodbye to my parents.

We get in the car and turn on the radio. I focus on the road, however, my attention is pulled to something else. Sicily. She is changing the radio station. That is at the top of the Things Never To Do list.

“What do you think you are doing ?”

“I think it is time for a change. You are too stuck in the past. It isn’t healthy. Today we are going to listen to some modern music.” She beams and I feel the overwhelming urge to seatbelt check her.

“No”

“Yes”

“NO”

“YES! I can do this all day. I know you are slightly curious as to what kids nowadays are listening to.”

“Yeah no. No I am not.”

“Yes you are and you will like it.”

“I seriously doubt it. If you want to listen to that kind of music when you get your own license and car, be my guest. But, I am the driver and I get to pick whatever won’t distract me.”

“You headbang and scream sing to your music… I would call that a distraction. Also, I don’t need my own license, I have you for that.”

“Hey, I’m leaving so you won’t have me for long,” A bitter aftertaste was settling in my mouth as soon as I finished saying those words. I shake the thought as far away from my mind as possible, “Fine. One song on your radio station and if I don’t like it we’ll change it back. Deal?”

“But you are just going to say you don’t like it and change it back regardless. How about we listen to my station on the way there and yours on the way back?”

“You are never going to give this up huh?”

“Never”

I weigh my options and inhale a deep breath, “Fine. Deal.”

Great now I am going to be stuck in a car with this for 2 hours. This is going to be just great. I look over and see Sicily smiling. I don’t understand how she enjoys this garbage but if it makes her happy then I will just have to deal with it.

**************

We arrive at the mall after what seems like an eternity and surprisingly, it seems sort of empty for a Saturday.

“Where is everyone?” I ask my sister as we make our way through the parking lot.

“They are probably watching the new movie that everyone has been talking about. You’d probably know this if you didn’t live under a rock. There is a reason I chose today to bring you here to pick out your London wardrobe. I know how you feel about people and since Miles Greenwood is the star of the movie, there is little chance of us running into Valerie here because she is more than likely watching it.” The girl has a point and she really thought this through. I just wish she wasn’t right all the time.

    We shopped without problem… Well, Sicily shopped for the both of us without a problem, I only sat in the husband chairs. I trust her though, she won’t pick anything that will make me uncomfortable. Right?

    Anywho, when she has finally reached her maximum spending limit for the day, we head home listening to classical hits. The music truly helps to calm me down. Sicily, however, does not seem to enjoy it as much as I do. She merely tolerates it.

---3 Hours Later---

I am looking over my newly formed itinerary. I hate the thought of being without my family, especially during the Christmas time. I have never been away from home longer than I needed to. I have never been to a sleepover, I have never been away on an overnight trip, and I have definitely never gone away from my family for two whole weeks. The thought of it scares me to death. I just want to send Sicily in my place but we don’t look enough alike to pull it off. Honestly, a twin would come in really handy right now. Too bad mine was a boy, and he is no longer physically with me.

I just need to sleep and get through these last two weeks of school and hopefully take my mind off of my impending doom. I lay my itinerary down on my nightstand and change into my pajamas. When I climbed into bed and pulled my covers over me I feel a new weight on my bed. I look down towards my feet and see poe staring at me.

“Goodnight baby boy,” I blow him a kiss and turn off the lamp. I can do this. I can do this. I can't d...
-------------**********----------------
A/N: Sorry the chapter is short. We get to travel next chapter so exciting! We can get this story rolling!
         Any questions, comments, concerns? Any constructive criticism is welcome. Please keep the comments kind and bla bla bla. Thanks for the support!!!❤❤❤