5.7 | a fish out of water

7:35 PM

7:35 PM

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ

Seokjin simply accepts the offer champagne flute from the waiter with a slight bow, just enough to be polite, but stay within the confines of his chaebol-mannerisms. Seokjin fidgets with the glass for a while, the golden liquid sloshing to and fro in the crystal glass, anxiety flows as freely within his veins. He takes a sip, enjoying the as the bubbles spread across his tongue like a wave, before swallowing. That makes him feel slightly better.

Shit. Some random couples are looking over at me, pretend you don't see them and take another sip of your champagne. Goddamnit, you're the son of one of the hosts here, this isn't how you're supposed to be acting! Where's Na Eun?

All around him, men and women of South Korea's high society mingled and chatted with one another, draped in millions of wons worth of jewels and clothing. The ladies' dresses were nothing less than Italian designer, to match the gentleman's crisp and fitted black tie formal wear. Within the plethora of silks and weaves, a smattering of colourful suit jackets livened up with men's wear, some with delicate flower patterns. Delicate and beautiful, like it's owners features, but it spoke of great wealth, certainly fit for a king. Or in this case a CEO.

Seokjin's own suit was all black, fitted to his broad shoulders and narrow waist, silk lapels on either side, with a red rose tucked in snugly into a concealed slit. Supposedly, he was the picture of elegance, or at least that was what his stylist had told him. His freshly cut black hair was tousled in front, most of his bangs were parted to one side, his stylist had gone through great pains to place each stand so it looked like Seokjin had simply run his fingers through it and it had ended up like this. A single silver earring, one of many thin chains, dangled from his ear, a perfect accent.

Seokjin was getting desperate.

C'mon, where's Na Eun?

And as his eyes searched, a figure, dressed in pale pink caught Seokjin's eyes. He lowered the flute from his slightly pursed lips and gazed in wonder at the woman entering in. Na Eun's expression was guarded in a sense. She kept her eyes slightly narrowed, and her mouth set in a firm line that displayed holding in nervousness. Her doe-like eyes swept down and up Seokjin's frame, possibly appraising him.