One

episode one

Rosalyn Harmon sat in the back of her family car with her headphones in, and a sketchpad in her hands as she sketched her Chow Chow called Bear, who was her deceased best friends dog, now hers

Rosalyn Harmon sat in the back of her family car with her headphones in, and a sketchpad in her hands as she sketched her Chow Chow called Bear, who was her deceased best friends dog, now hers. Her hand delicately danced across the white page, sketching the dog skilfully and the slight bumps and turns the car took did not mess up the drawing surprisingly. All Rosalyn ever did nowadays was draw and paint, it was her escape from reality and pain. It allowed her to focus on something and blur our the heartache and pain and the rest of the screwed up world.

Rosalyn's mother, who sat in the passenger seat, turned around and gently tugged one of the teens earphones out so she could speak to the blonde. "Hey, is our sarcastic ray of sunshine ok?" Vivien questioned her daughter, teasingly with a small grin on her beautiful face. Rosalyn nodded silently, not looking up from the sketch pad. "You sure, kid?" Ben, Rosalyn's father, questioned as he looked at her in the rear-view mirror as he drove the black vehicle. "Yeah, I'm fine" Rosalyn mumbled with a small sigh as she continued to draw. Rosalyn knew why they were so concerned about her well-being and pestering her. It is because the teenager when her best friend died, turned to drugs and alcohol and fell into a dark place to escape her grief. However, Rosalyn is trying to go clean and give it all up for her parents, who have stuck by her side and helped her even after everything she put them through. They held her hair back as she threw up and laid besides her trembling body and held her as she cried. Rosalyn was currently on her eleventh day sober from alcohol and drugs. The blonde rememberers the day she decided to go sober and sometimes she truly regrets it and wonders if it was the right choice.

"Why are you doing that shit?! Are you even sober right now?" Ben snatched the bag of pills and vodka from his daughters hands. "Fuck you" Rosalyn rolled her eyes, still unable to stand being around her father after he cheated on her mother, all respect and love she felt for the man had vanished after she heard the drunk argument Ben and Vivien had. Concern and anger laced Ben's voice as he told his only child "It's going to actually kill you one day and I don't want to find you dead by a dumpster, having overdosed of stupid drugs or with alcohol poisoning. Life is shit, ok? Trust me, I know. It's freaking hard but you just have to get through it like everyone else does, Rosalyn. Alcohol every now and then to take the edge off, tv, and junk food is what everyone else does to deal with it. Most of them don't get drunk every single day or smoke their lungs black or take drugs several times a day to feel better... Sober up. If not for your own health then for Logan. Your best friend wouldn't want you to throw your life away like this, like it's meaningless when you have a bright future. He wouldn't want you wallowing in booze and drugs, picking fights and hitting things and sleepwalking through your life. Drugs and alcohol will ruin your life and kill you, which Logan wouldn't want." "..." Rosalyn was speechless, she looked down fighting off the tears at the mere mentioning of her deceased friend, the wound still very much there and deeply painful. "I want you to get help, Rosie" Ben softly told the blonde, dipping his head to try and look into her eyes. "Why is that? No longer busy cheating on mom that you've actually noticed, being the oh so brilliant psychiatric you are, that your daughters a fucking mess?" Rosalyn glared at her father, showing the anger and hatred she feels towards him and reminding him of the walls she built and that she uses harsh words and sarcasm to cover her constant pain. Ben took a deep breath before pointing out "... Rosie, you don't sleep anymore and you barley eat. You smoke, you drink alcohol like it's your life support, you get high and take drugs." Rosalyn rolled her eyes as she hissed out "I'm fine, don't pretend to care now just because you want to fix yours and moms marriage". "You're obviously not fine, Rosalyn. You tried to kill yourself for god sake and then got addicted to drugs after it. I know that the disability you got from it is also causing you a lot of physical pain.... And I'm not pretending. You're my daughter, my little girl, I love you. I care about you... look I have no idea what it's like to lose my best friend. I have no idea what your going through-" Ben was cut off by his daughter "Exactly! You don't know how I feel, you don't get why I take drugs and do weed and smoke and drink. You don't know what I'm going through, you don't get how I can't sleep or concentrate in class so stop fucking pretending you do, Dad! You don't know what the hell is going on with me!". "Talk to me and I would understand!" Ben shouted back, the pair getting agitated and riled up by each other. "Why?! So you can then just give up on me after you've realised you can't help me, like everyone else?!" Rosalyn threw her arms in front of her, showing her frustration. "I won't do that and you know I won't! You're my daughter, all I want is what's best for you!" "Then why are we moving?!" The blonde retaliated, pointing at the pile of boxes in the corner of the room. "For that exact reason! For you to get a fresh start, so you can grieve properly and make new friends! So you can get better!" Ben yelled. The two then stared at each other, their chest rising and falling quickly and their throats sore from shouting.