I

A bright light covered Landon’s face as he jotted some lyrics down into his book, he put his hand out to shadow his eyes and walked towards the source. Landon’s hand touched the giant globe that Hope had spelled to track new potential students, each light represented a witch, werewolf, vampire or any other supernatural being that could join the school.

A light glowing this bright meant that the being must’ve been very powerful, he stopped his staring and ran down the passage to Dr Saltzman’s office and barged in. Inside were Hope, his girlfriend along with the headmaster’s daughters Josie and Lizzie. “Sorry to barge in like this, but you need to come and see this.” The curly haired boy explained a little out of breath from sprinting so fast. The headmaster nodded and everyone made their way towards the globe.

Alaric, Lizzie, Josie, Hope and Landon stared at in disbelief. Hope turned to Alaric,” Dr Saltzman we need to go now, whoever this is could be in serious danger, if they’re glowing that bright.” She said. Hope always went with him to recruit new students.

“She’s right dad, it looks like whoever this is, they’re in the caves near the end of town.” Josie said looking at the globe. Landon stepped forward and suggested that he should come with, which earned a laugh from Lizzie. “They don’t need a human shield.” Landon’s mouth open and closes like a fish as he tries to say a comeback, Hope pulls him aside,” Dr Saltzman and I are just more experienced at doing this, don’t beat yourself up.” She says and he gives her an adorable smile that makes her grin and places a kiss on his lips.

-----

Down in one of the many caves in Mystic Falls a bull-headed demon removes the bag over Billie Caulbell’s head, he blows a piece of his curly brown hair out of his face. In front of him were three demons, each with head of a bull, they had managed to capture him and tie him up. “I’ll go fetch the athame, make sure he doesn’t give the look. We can’t risk him finding out we lost The Charmed One.” The middle demon ordered as he left. The two demons faced each other,” What look was he talking about?” The one demon on Billie’s left asked and turned to the tied-up boy. Billie smiled,” This one.” He answered. Billie squinted his eyes and sent the demon flying into the cave wall behind him, he was impaled by a sharp edge and burst into flames.

Telekinesis was his power, he could send the bad guys flying with one look. His looks could literally kill. The remaining demon let out a grunt-like-howl and two more bull-headed demons appeared, Billie’s heart started beating a little faster as the demons came charging at him. He managed to get up and throw himself breaking the wooden chair he was tied to, he got back on his feet and turned around as one demon ran into a broken chair leg, impaling himself and burst into flames. Billie kicked the demon on his right, he broke the remaining pieces of the chair by smashing it into the other demon’s head, which threw him to the ground. The bull-headed creature he previously kicked gotten back up and swung a hook at Billie throwing him against the wall of the cave, leaving Billie with a bloody lip.

The two demons got up, one had generated an energy ball – a ball made from blue electricity, a power most demons had – as he threw it at Billie, he squinted his eyes and returned it to the demon, making him burst into flames. As the last bull-headed demon got closer an arrow hit his chest making him burst into the flames.

Billie turned towards Hope and Alaric. “Who are you?” He asked.

“We’re the help.” Dr Saltzman answered.