~Prologue~

This wasn't right.

Monokuma had said that if the blackened got away scott-free, that everyone but the guilty would be executed.

...So why was Kaede being executed?

There was no way that Kaede Akamatsu could have killed Rantaro... Having been around the Ultimate Pianist since the beginning of the killing game, Shuichi knew that the killer couldn't have been her.

But here she was, the condescending glares from her classmates pointed directly at the pianist. Everyone, except the Ultimate Detective himself, was completely convinced that the blonde had killed Avocado.

Kaede dripped in cold sweat, as most of the Ultimates blamed her for the murder of the green haired boy.

A long rope then descended and the shackle clamped around Kaede's neck.

Shuichi desperately reached out for her, but it was too late. Her pale hands were out of reach as she was pulled to the trial room.

The black haired boy helplessly watched, as Kaede dropped onto her knees onto the oversized piano. Monokuma rose up on a tall chair, dressed in a black tuxedo and wielding a baton, a crowd of Monokumas gathering in front of the piano.

Monokuma raised his baton and the Monokubs pulled the ropes, Kaede being pulled to stand up.

The 5 bears pulled their ropes, forcing Kaede's body to play a tune on the enormous keys.

Plink...Plink Plink...

The Monokubs began to pull the ropes more.

Plink PLONK Plink Plink TONK...

The faster they tugged on the rope, the faster the pianist had to step onto the keys. The more they pulled, the more out of tune became the song...

PLONK Tink THONK PLONK TONK....

Quicker and quicker the small bears pulled on their cables, until Kaede was nearly a blur, the song becoming a rapid mess of notes...

And it was over.

The body of Shuichi's closest friend in this killing game hanging a few inches above the keyboard. The spiked cover of the piano fell...

And just like that...

Kaede was gone.