Chapter Thirteen

Morning rose on Fabeldyr and no one knew what had happened the previous night. No one suspected that anything had happened, either. Dawn approached and Cecelia was the first one up, as always. She began cooking breakfast, deciding to let Grizin and Ava both sleep. They needed it. They'd also need the food that she was making. She'd wake them up when the food was ready.

It wasn't long before the delicious scent of bacon began wafting through the house, yet Ava and Grizin were still in their rooms. Cecelia was pretty sure they'd sleep all day if she let them. Unfortunately for them, she wasn't going to let them. They needed to eat!

"Ava!" Cecelia called, deciding to go for the less dangerous option first. "Time to get up, breakfast is ready!"

Ava groaned and pulled her pillow over her head. It felt like she had barely slept a minute and Cecelia was already making breakfast? This was unfair. She needed more sleep, not more food.

"Come on, Ava!" Cecelia said, coming into the room. She sat next to Ava on the bed. "It's time to get up!"

"No," Ava groaned, her pillow still being held over her head. "Sleep."

"Breakfast is ready," Cecelia promised, rubbing Ava's back. "Come on, Ava. It's time to get up."

"Sleeeep," Ava groaned again.

"Come on, Ava," Cecelia repeated. "Don't make me take this blanket off of you."

Ava lifted the pillow and turned her head to glare at Cecelia. "Why?"

"Because breakfast is ready," Cecelia explained.

"Save me some," Ava just told Cecelia tiredly before flopping the pillow back over her head.

Cecelia pouted. "You're grumpy when tired."

"Don't wake me up, then," Ava grumbled, her voice muffled by the mattress.

Cecelia huffed. "Get up, Ava. You've got more training to do today."

"Don't remind me," Ava moaned.

Cecelia just clicked her tongue and stood up. "If you don't get up, I'm sending Grizzy in here."

"Fine, fine, I'm up," Ava groaned, throwing the pillow off and sitting up. Her tunic slid off of her shoulder, revealing bruised, but bare skin. She was incredibly sore and just wanted more sleep. Her hair was a complete rat's nest, frizzes flying everywhere and the brown poof getting in all sorts of tangles.

"Breakfast is on the table," Cecelia said brightly before going into her and Grizin's room. She gently shook his shoulder. "Grizzy! Time to get up!"

Grizin opened one purple eye and glared at Cecelia. "No."

Cecelia pouted. "Come on, Grizzy! Ava's already up and breakfast is ready. You don't want it to get cold, do you?"

"I'll heat it up," Grizin grumbled, rolling over and closing his eye again. His hair was almost as messy as Ava's.

"Come ooooon," Cecelia whined, shaking Grizin. "You gotta get up or you'll miss more training!"

Grizin huffed. "Cece, I need sleep."

"You've been sleeping for hours, Grizzy," Cecelia pouted. "Come on, get up! I made your favorite for breakfast."

"Sleeep, Cece," Grizin groaned. "I need it."

"Just get up, come on," Cecelia said, pulling the blanket away from Grizin.

That got his attention. Grizin sat up and glared at Cecelia, the pink undertones in his eyes popping in the morning light. "Why did you do that, Cece?"