Magic of the Moonstone

The Magic that is held in the Moonstones is always calling out for a story to be written, the possibilities are endless. This story is one that was written before the Erkenci Kus Series ended. This was my Keşke...I wish.. for when Can discovered that Sanem still wore his engagement ring on a chain over her heart before the scene played out on the series.

Sanem was frozen staring into the eyes of Can. She was barely holding onto the sanity she had left. Can could see she visibly shook and the tears were pooling in her eyes again. How many tears had he caused his little bird?

    "NO more TEARS" she reminded herself. She stood a little taller and raised her chin in defiance. Can watched as the fire started to light in her eyes. She had a choice to crumble or fight.  He could see that she was about to spit words that would hurt.

     Can held his hands up, "I surrender, Sanem, I beg you, don't!"

     She still shook violently but he could see the fire diminish in the flames of her eyes, but now the tears were flowing... and it hurt. It hurt knowing he was the cause of this. "Please," he began to speak in his silky baritone voice. "I surrender. I know you have no reason to listen to me, I was so wrong to leave you.  I felt like I had become a bad man, an angry, jealous, violent man.  When I saw you believed I might hurt you, that I would burn your journal into ashes, I realized I was not the man I thought I was and I was not a man who you deserved.  I almost killed someone and left him crippled for life.  I have to live with that like a nightmare every day. I thought I was saving you from me, from the man I had become.  I did kill that side of me, but I have barely survived.  I am dead inside, my heart only beats for the hope of you. "

    He stepped closer to Sanem and placed his hands on her arms, feeling how she trembled.  His chest constricted further making it hard to breathe. He ran his hands gently up and down her arms trying to comfort her, to steady her on her feet as she swayed. He brought his face close to her feeling strength as he breathed her in.

     "I can see I have done great damage to you too Sanem. I swear I did not mean to hurt you, I was trying to save you from who I had become. I left thinking you were done with me, thinking you chose someone else over me. I felt you didn't trust me or believe me.  That was a death for me.  I didn't know  the impact my leaving had on you." His voice broke, his eyes overflowed and he began to shake, he shook his head and swallowed hard trying to hold back the emotions that were threatening overpower him.  "I've killed a part of you." "Sanem, I am so sorry" he cried. Sanem looked up to see the agony on his face. Now both of their legs were giving way to the quaking of their bodies. 

     Can scooped her up into his arms and held her tight against his chest. Their eyes locked to each other and the tears were free to flow, to wash away some of the heartbreak. He felt weak as he walked over to her rocking chair. He sat with her her in his lap next to a blazing fire. Rocking her as she curled up against him like a bird in a nest with his arms locked around her. He was so distraught to feel how fragile she felt in his arms. They were quiet for a while letting their tears flow together.  They both felt they should not enjoy being this close to each other but they did. The warmth of each other enveloped them, the fragrance of each other soothed them, the pounding of their hearts were beating loud and hard pushing out the ice that had been pumping through their veins all year.

     Finally, he began to speak again.  Sanem was almost asleep feeling the calmest she had felt in a year. She thought she was dreaming again but she could feel his warmth and the vibration of his voice against her ear. She sighed against him determined not to wake up. "I am not asking for your forgiveness, what happened is unforgivable. But I am asking you to be okay and let me stay close by until you are."

     Sanem moved her hand to cover his heart and feel the pounding under the palm of her hand. He felt her sigh and relax a little more snuggling closer to him.  If you were to ask her she would not have been able to explain how she felt so safe and protected as she did being held this way by him.

     "I believe somewhere our souls are clinging tightly together and pulling us back together.  I feel it, I know it. Somewhere I believe the girl I love with every beat of my heart is still in here." He ran his finger across her collar bone and followed the silver chain down to rest his finger over her heart. He paused wondering if he dared to take this risk. He could barely breathe and she was not breathing at all.  "Breathe Sanem, breathe!" He slowly slipped his finger under the chain she wore around her neck.

     He caught and held her eyes as he gently pulled on the chain, sloooowly he pulled until his ring that was resting over her heart slipped free from her dress.  

He slipped the ring on the tip of his finger as his eyes glistened at her, his tears flowing freely down his face.  His ring, his heart soared like the mighty Albatross across the sky. She wore his ring over her heart, even now after everything. He brought the ring to his lips to place a kiss on the moonstone. A sparkle of light emerged from the stone warming his lips.

     "My heart...My everything..." He felt his heart thaw from the ice that had been running through his veins since the moment he left. "Love is what heals the wounds Sanem, I believe we can love each other back to life and I believe, because you wear this over your heart, you know this too."

(Note from Author...I love the Magic of the Moonstone stories, there are several of them. The only way I know if you love them is if you let me know you were here, please leave a comment or a vote so I will know. It really is our only reward as writers for sharing with you. I can't wait to hear from you. Love from Deb!)