Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Waking up the next morning, Happy is wrapped around me and I can't help but smile. I slip out of bed and head to the main room for coffee. Sitting at the bar beside Quinn, the prospect hands me a coffee. "Thanks." I say and he nods. "How'd you sleep little one?" he asks. "Good. Real good. You?" I ask. "Good. Where's your old man?" he asks. "Right here." I hear Happy say behind me as he wraps his arms around my waist. I turn my face and kiss him softly. "Morning babe." he says. "Morning." I say softly. He looks at me and arches his brow like he's asking if I'm okay and I nod slightly letting him know I am. He sits beside me and I listen to him and Quinn talk.

After coffee, Happy says "Let's go for a ride before we go home." I nod and we head out to the bike. He ties my bag onto the back of the bike and we head out. We ride for a while before pulling up to the streams. Getting off the bike, we walk over to the water hand in hand. Sitting on the grass, he pulls me in between his legs and I lean back into him. "I miss this." I say. "What?" he asks. "Riding with you. Sitting like this. Just us." I tell him. "I miss it too." he says before kissing the top of my head. We both sit there in silence and just enjoy being close. After a while, he leans down to my ear and whispers "Thank you." I look at him confused and he says "For giving this another chance." I turn in his arms and move to straddle him. Cupping his face I say "I missed you Happy. I was miserable." I tell him. "I'm sorry for everything little girl." he says. "Me too." I say and he looks at me confused. "I felt like I had forced you into marrying me and giving me your crow." I tell him. "Baby, you never forced me to do anything. I didn't do anything I didn't want to do. I wanted you to wear my crow. I wanted to marry you. I wanted a family with you." he says. "I know I fucked up and I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to you but baby don't ever think I didn't want you." he tells me. I kiss him softly and whisper "Clean slate right?" I ask. "Clean slate." he says before kissing me again.

After sitting at the streams and talking, we head home and I move to the kitchen. "What are you doing?" he asks. "Making dinner." I tell him. "We can order in." he tells me. "Nope. I'm cooking my husband dinner. Go get a shower while I get it started." I tell him. He kisses me deeply and says "I love you Raven." I smile softly and say "I love you too Happy. Now go." He smiles that rare smile that only I get to see before doing what I told him. I turn to the cabinets and start pulling out what I need to make dinner.

After dinner, I head to the shower while happy lays in bed. When I get out, I climb into bed and snuggle into his side. "I want to talk to you about something." he tells me. "What's that?" I ask as I look up at him. "What would you say to us trying for a kid?" he asks and I look at him shocked. I sit up a little and ask "Are you sure?" He pulls me to him and kisses me and says "I told you I want this. You have my crow and my last name. Time I man up and give you the baby I promised you when we got married." he tells me. I kiss him again and start to straddle him. "What are you doing baby?" he asks. I smirk and say "Making a little Lowman." before he pulls me down to kiss him before turning us over and we start to shed clothes before he enters me and we spend the rest of the night making love.