Prologue

It was a lovely Monday morning,

The birds were singing, the sun was shining bright.

It was a typical Spring day.

Y/N Y/L/N, an 18 year old student at Colombia University. She was the type of girl that had high grades, lots of friends, and a wonderful supportive family.

Ever since she was young, Y/N knew what she wanted to become, an actress. She loved acting, she loved singing, she loved dancing and all that kind of stuff. She was even in one of the most famous theatre schools in America. The Juilliard School, Drama Division.

Of course it could get difficult, being a student at Colombia and at Juilliard, but Y/N managed her time well and managed to do both. She even managed to get an internship at Juilliard, which meant she could spend three days at school and the other two acting while also attending work.

It wouldn't be long before she was done though..

After getting her diploma, she was going to quit school and focus on her acting career.

She smiled, passing by a grocery shop. She paused for a second, pulled out her wallet and handed a dollar to the woman working there. The lady smiled and handed her two apples before turning to attend to a different customer.

Y/N, happy with receiving two apples for the price of one simply continued on her way.

She was currently on her way to Juilliard for another day of work and rehearsal, they were going to host a play in a couple of months about some American founding father that created the banks or something. Y/N didn't exactly remember the name of the play, yet she had gotten one of the main roles.

She would be playing the wife of the founding father, she could faintly remember the characters name. Betsey Schuyler?

No, that was wrong..

Y/n let out a soft sigh, then continued on her way. She knew that she would have to look up some more information about it or things would not go well. She knew the songs that the character sung, Helpless, Burn, and learning to sing those was a lot of fun.

If only she was as good with learning names like she was with learning the songs..

Y/N took out her phone, checking the time. She had about an hour left, and the walk wouldn't take longer than twenty minutes, this meant that she would have some time to look up more information about the musical.

After All she wanted to make sure that she would do a great job in playing this character, it wasn't the first time Y/N had gotten the main role in a show, but she still wanted to do her very best at it like always.

Suddenly barking filled the air, Y/N snapped out of her thoughts only to see a dog rushing up to her. She paused, steadying herself as the dog prepared to jump on her. Of course it didn't mean any harm, it simply wanted to play.

From the looks of it, it was simply a puppy.

It didn't take long before the owner came rushing around the corner with a leash in her hands. Y/N grabbed the dog's collar, helping the owner put it on the leash.

After a lot of apologies, some scratches and a small talk they separated, walking in different directions.

Y/N closed her eyes and let out a soft sigh, pausing for another moment to enjoy the warm sun that shone down on her, to feel the gentle breeze that went through her hair. She loved spring, it was the season where everything came back to live after a time of cold and snow.

It also meant that in a couple of months it would be summer, which meant that she wouldn't have to go to Colombia for at least a couple of weeks, which meant that she could spent more time rehearsing for her upcoming play.

She slowly opened her eyes, then started to walk once more.

Her mother had offered to give her a ride, yet she had declined. It was such a beautiful day, and the school wasn't that far, it wouldn't hurt to walk.

Besides, now she could enjoy the warm weather and nature around her.

Y/N walked and walked until she arrived at the park, she paused once more. She could either walk through the park, but this meant that she would take a little longer to arrive at the school.

She thought about it before giving a small shrug, with that she entered the park. She passed a couple of flower beds that were filled with beautiful flowers, there were crocuses, daisies, and other kinds of beautiful flowers.

She halted for a moment and knelt down, quietly smelling the flowers. Though suddenly something caught her eye. There was something burried behind the flowers, something peeked out just above the earth.

Y/N blinked, slowly moving the flowers aside, she then gently dug the earth away. She was curious about what had been burried here and why, perhaps it was a dog who had taken something from someone?

Y/N moved the earth, to her surprise the object that had been burried was a book. Y/N took out her phone once again, she still had enough time left. So perhaps she could try and find the owner, perhaps there was a name on the inside..

She picked the book up, gently brushing the dirt off the cover. She then moved the dirt back, filling up the hole that she had made. She then got up, studying the book in her hands, it seemed to be a normal book, however..

Y/N raised a brow at the weird title that was printed on the book.

'The Cover is Not The Book'

'What kind of name is that?' Y/N thought, spinning the book around only to see no summary on the back. This was slightly odd, because normally there was a summary on the back of a book right?

Y/N then took a look around the park, it didn't seem like anybody was looking around for it Y/N then opened the book, looking for any kind of information, like a name, a store, just anything that could tell her who this book belonged to or where it came from.

To her dissapointment there was nothing, no name, nothing. Which meant that perhaps this book was simply a notebook, right? So Y/N flipped through the papers, however..

The pages were all blank...

Confused and slightly annoyed, Y/N continued with flipping through the pages, there was nothing written in the book, absolutely nothing. Y/N grabbed one of the papers, though suddenly something sharp scratched her finger.

Y/N softly winced, looking down at her finger. Great, she had a paper cut. That thing was going to sting for a while. Y/N groaned, closing her eyes for a second, she then opened it, looking down at her finger once more.

A drop of blood had made its way out, and before Y/N could react it had landed on one of the pages. Great, now she had ruined the book, couldn't this get any better?

Y/N softly cursed, looking down at the book.

However, to Y/N's surprise the page was clean. Y/N blinked confused, then watched as another drop of her blood landed on the page. To her shock the blood dissapeared through the page, leaving no stains.

Y/N was confused, but mostly, this book was starting to scare her. What kind of book could absorb blood? She was about to close it, but a bright light suddenly filled her vision. Y/N dropped the book in shock, furiously rubbing her eyes.

Once her vision was back to normal, she looked down, ready to kick the book away from her, however...

To her surprise her name stood on the cover of the book in big bold golden letters. Y/N picked the book back up, then opened it once again. The pages that were once blank were now filled with words, but before Y/N could read them the pages started to flip back to the first page.

Y/N her eyes widened as she read the bold letters that were written on the page.

'𝔚𝔢𝔩𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢, 𝔜/𝔑 𝔏/𝔑, 𝔱𝔬 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔱𝔶.'

Just then the book once again glowed a bright light, Y/N dropped it in shock. But suddenly within seconds..

Everything went dark...