🍬

The jars of pink, pastel and bright coloured candy lined the wooden shelves.

The rain hit against the glass of the sweet shop.
Jimin's favourite place since he can remember.

He came here as soon as he could, filling his pockets with all sorts of sugary treats. Even now, at the age of seventeen.

He not only adored the sweet tasting products the store sold. He would also sit on the small bench by the window and read, looking up at the tall shelves that held the glistening glass jars.

Jimin was a short boy, always had been, which was often lead him to get bullied.
After school all the kids would rush to the sweet shop, but Jimin would always wait till everyone else left, so Mrs Min didn't see how the other kids would mock him or push him around.

He would always spend hours at the shop, always getting back late to the boarding school.

Mrs Min was closer to Jimin than his actual mother, she probably knew more about him than either of his parents from the weekend visits they would only attend once every three months.

But Jimin didn't mind, he had Mrs Min and the sweet shop. And now at age 17 freely studying in college, Jimin was hoping to get a job in said shop.

The bell rang as he ran into the shop as quick as he could to get out of the rain.

He removed his grey coat and placed it onto the coat hanger, water dripping off it onto the thick oak floor boards.

"Mrs Min!!" He spoke loudly, to get her attention.

He looked around, noticing how the jars had been refilled since he was last there two days ago.

He walked up to the counter and rang the small bell,
"Mrs Min!!" Je called out once more, dragging out her name, hoping that would somehow work better.

He kept the smile on his face, his elbow leaning on the counter top.

"Mrs Min?" His smile began to fade, he could hear movement in the back room, getting slightly worried.

He decided to go look, make sure everything was alright. He climbed up the two wooden steps that led up to the tiled kitchen he was familiar with, from cold days where Mr and Mrs Min would invite him to have a hot chocolate.

"Mrs Min?"

"Can I help you? You're not supposed to be here." An unfamiliar voice spoke beside him.
He jumped, not expecting to see the pale boy in front of him.

He wasn't that tall himself, only a little taller than Jimin.
He seemed tired, bags under his dark eyes, his hair almost pitch black almost covered them.
He wore a large navy knitted jumper, and wore a pout on his lips.

"Uhm- I'm looking for Mrs Min." Jimin said, giving the boy his sweet smile, wanting the best first impression possible.

"I guessed." He simply answered. "She's not in."

Jimin was incredibly kind and polite, but this boy seemed to be quite the contrary.
But Jimin would stay patient, as he always does.

"Well when will she be in?" He asked.

"I don't know. Look, this is staff only, if you're wanting to buy something stay in the shop, if not, leave." The boy's eyebrows that could barely be seen, obviously were slightly furrowed.

"E-excuse me." Jimin mumbled walking out to shop, the boy following and going behind the counter. "I'm sorry but, who are you? I've never seen you before and I've been coming here almost daily for the last thirteen years." Jimin asked, worried he might seem rude.