27.

V

I sat up and looked around at the room. I felt something bound around my abdomen and looked down to see a bandage wrapped tightly around my body.

I climbed out of the bed and my bare feet hit the cold floor. Last time I was in a hospital it was because Joey was injured.

   "Joey!" I called out and received no answer. "Joey!" I ran towards the door and flung it open.

Yoongi and Jimin, who stood by the door, stopped me. They knew that I would try to escape. "Where's Joey?! Where is she?! Is she okay?!"

   "She's alright," Yoongi held out his arm in front of me to keep me from going any further. "Now go and lay down. You need the rest."

   "No! I'm not resting until I can see her."

   "Trust me, V. She's fine. If we remove her from safety we could risk Zitao finding her. You know he's still out there. Would you want that to happen?" Yoongi kept his arm out.

   "That's why I'm here. I'm going to protect her."

   "How? You've been stabbed."

I looked down at my wound and realized that maybe he was right. How could I protect her if I myself was injured. But, I still had to see her. I had to know is she was alright and I wanted to hear it from her.

   "I just want to talk to her. Please."

Yoongi looked at me as if he were thinking it over. He then looks over at Jimin and says, "You and Jungkook, bring her here."

I sat with legs crossed on the stuffy bed. It felt like hours that I was sitting there. I hear the door handle being moved and I sit up to see Jungkook, Jimin and Joey standing there.

   "Joey!" I exclaim with avidity. She walks over to me and I pull her into a hug. "Are you okay?" I pulled away and looked her over. "You weren't hurt were you?"

   "Why are you asking me if I'm okay. You were the one that was stabbed."

   "Is Joey and V jr. alright?" My hand moves down to her stomach.

   "You know?" She asks quietly without a hint of surprise in her voice.

   "That you're pregnant... Yes."

She sighed and moved a few curls behind her ear.

   "Were you surprised?"

   "Pfft... No."

   "Surprised is an understatement." Jimin added into the conversation. We turned to him and stared until he got the memo. "Okay, I think we'd better give you two some privacy."

He and Jungkook left.

   "If you want me to get an abortion..."

   "What's abortion?"

   "It's when... Nevermind." She shook her head and began to pace the room.

   "What's wrong?"

   "Nothing... It's just... Nothing. I'm just glad that you're alright."

   "But, I feel like you're not alright, Joey. What's wrong?"

   "Nothing. I'm fine, V."

   "Really?"

   "Yes." She stroked the bandage on my stomach. "Just worry about getting better. You need it."

I wrapped my arms around her waist and she leaned over to kiss me on the lips.

   "I love you," I said as she pulled away.

She nodded as she stepped away towards the door. "Joey..."

She panted before collapsing. "Joey!" I yelled, jumping from my seat and running to her aid. "Joey! Wake up! Are you alright?! Yoongi! Jimin! Jungkook! Help!" I yelled as they rushed in.

   "What's wrong?"

   "She-- She just passed out! I-- I don't know why!"

Yoongi checked her pulse.

   "She's still alive."

She shook as if a seizure took over her body. Yoongi picked her up in both of his arms. Her head fell back and her arms dangled.

   "Joey!" I reached for her hand as Yoongi walked away with her. "I'm going with you, Yoongi!"

   "No, stay here. You need to rest."

I watched as my brothers left with the love of my life.