The meeting

Annie POV

It's finally the weekend. Mikasa came over yesterday. We watched some movies and fell asleep cuddling. Today we meet with my dad, I know what he's trying to pull so I'm gonna try to prevent it.

I sat in my chair, listening to music. I decided to let Mikasa sleep in. I already had my shower and got dressed. I wore blue jeans, a black shirt with my white hoodie and black converse.

I paused my music and stood up to make breakfast. I was getting hungry. I heard shifting in the bed. I look over my shoulder and saw Mikasa sitting up.

"good morning," I said turning around.

"good morning" she replied in a lazy tone. It made me smile, I walked over and sat beside her.

She rested her head on my shoulder hugging on to me. I put my arm around her, kissing the top of her head. I sigh rubbing her back. I haven't felt this happy in a long time. I thought.

"So what do you want for breakfast?" I asked breaking the silence.

" I don't know. What were you gonna make?"

" I was thinking pancakes and b-"

"chocolate chip?!" she interrupted.

"sure if you want"

She seemed really excited about that. I let out a little laugh and headed downstairs.

As I was cooking I heard the shower start and by the time I was done, she was done her shower. Once I was done setting the table, she was headed down the stairs.

After we ate, we started to head over to my dad's warehouse. We walked hand in hand. Mikasa actually started to swing our hands, it was cute.

When we arrived at the warehouse, I knocked on the door. After a couple of minutes, a man with light brown hair and blue eyes opened the door. I let go of Mikasa's hand and did the salute, the right hand of over your heart and the left behind your back.

He moved out of the way and we walked inside. My dad was already waiting for us, standing in the middle of the room.

"so glad you could join us today Mikasa. Now, Levi could you please escort our guest to the board room." Mr. Leonhardt said as Levi came running up behind him.

"sir" is all Levi said taking Mikasa to one of the board rooms. Mikasa looked at me, probably wondering why Levi was even here. I just nodded to her then looked at my father.

"now, how about we go up to my office and have a little chat. Shall we?" I didn't have much choice but to obey. I followed him up the stairs and to his office.

"so, let's talk business. I want to offer you a job within the military police. For your girlfriend, all I can offer is a job within the scout regiment."

"why aren't we talking about this with her here?" I said confused.

"well, you know more about this gang that she does. Plus she's more likely to say no than you"

"and what makes you think that I'm going to say yes?"

"because daughter, you want to change this business for the better. And you know that I will leave it for you at some point". He did make a good point, I did want to change what he's doing but when is the question.

"well, as usual, I'll give you two weeks to decide. You can talk it over with your girlfriend"

"so your gonna have me tell her." I was amazed, he was really giving Mikasa a choice. I sighed standing up and walking to the door. "if that's how you want it to be"

I saluted him then walked downstairs. I hated this, a couple of years earlier he had offered me the same job but I turned him down. He was mad, so for an entire year, he made me train day after day.

"Levi!" I called out. Levi came out of a room and stood in front of me. "the deal has been made"

He nodded then walked back into the room he came out of. After a couple of minutes, he walked back out with Mikasa following behind him.

The rest of the way home Mikasa kept asking me questions about the warehouse and why we went there to begin with. I had also mentioned the offer my dad made and how much time we had to think about it.

My worst nightmare is becoming a reality.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So happy mothers day to all the mothers😄.

- Connor