CHAPTER ONE

Nadine frowned as she waited for Freddie to find something for her to wear

Nadine frowned as she waited for Freddie to find something for her to wear. "Nadine! Darling I've found something!" Freddie yelled in anticipation. Nadine gave him a small smile as she eyed the leather skirt with a white crop top. "I like it. Plus I have a pair of boots that would go well with it." Nadine reached in her purse for her wallet as she payed for the outfit. "That was fun dear, we should go again sometime!" Freddie said. "I would love to. See you later." Nadine replied. Nadine went home with thoughts of sleep on her mind. As soon as she woke up, she put on her new outfit and walked out the door.

She arrived at Freddie's house which always was delight. But then again, Freddie himself was a delight. "Oh Nadine darling, you must meet my friends!" Freddie cheered. "Of course I will Fred, but what are their names?" Nadine asked. "This is Brian." Freddie said pointing to a man with the curliest hair Nadine had ever seen. "This is Roger." Nadine saw a man with blonde hair and blue eyes look at her and throw a wink. She smiled back. "And, this is Deacy." Nadine saw a man with long brown hair and green eyes. She blushed slightly. He was very cute, she concluded. Nadine decided to talk to him. Why not? She thought. "Hey Deacy." She said with a smile. "Hello." He said in a small voice. "I was just wondering what your real name was because I'm assuming Deacy is a nickname." Nadine replied. "My full name is John Richard Deacon and I was born on August 19 in 1951." He said with a slight blush to his cheeks. Nadine smiled. "Well, it was nice to meet you Deacy, I'll see you another time."

Nadine left quickly racing towards the bathroom. Oh dear, she thought. Nadine was what you would call a hopeless romantic. She was a caring person but she gave away her heart too easily. This left in shambles after her last relationship. She had known Chris since she was in 5th grade. Once he asked her out, she in a state of shock. Why would he ask me out? She thought. Let's just say Chris was not really a good person once you got to know him. He had some issues with being faithful. This made Nadine oh so anxious. After she broke up with him, Chris said, "You'll come running back, they always do." Nadine hated him even more after he said that. To this day, Nadine was still bitter about that. He made Nadine feel like she wasn't enough. When in actuality, she was gorgeous. She just couldn't see it.

As she left the bathroom, all eyes were on her. Brian walked up and said hello. "Hi Brian, it's nice to meet you." Nadine said with a smile. Nadine got to meet everyone formally, which was great! Brian seemed pretty nice, Roger was nice but he seemed a little off to Nadine. He reminded her of Chris as he started flirting with some girl. But Deacy, there was something about Deacy. Nadine gathered up the courage and gave him her number. She knew it was bold, but she didn't care. "Well goodbye everyone!" Nadine said. "Nadine wait, you have to get drunk!" Freddie squealed, drunk already. "I'll pass, I plan on driving myself home tonight." Nadine said with a smile. She said her goodbyes and went to her car. As she was driving, she couldn't wait to get home and sleep. She was tired.