Chapter 3: The Past Returns & Off To The Facility

{Last Time}

Davis: "And this is where you lose. Clear Wing Synchro Dragon, attack him directly and end this duel! Spinning Storm Sky Strike!"

Clear Wing's wings lit up, before the legless dragon flew up and started coming down, with a green tornado surrounding it's body. The dragon slammed into the ground, knocking Kasu across the room and taking the rest of his life points in one swoop, giving Davis the win.

Kasu LP: 3000>> 0000

Winner: Davis!

Clear Wing's hologram disappeared as Davis walked up to the downed man, who was slowly getting up with a smirk on his face.

Kasu: "Alright, I know when I'm beat. I'll make sure Sector Security doesn't know about your ride. Though I gotta ask, what was that other thing you wanted my help for?"

Davis: *Smirks* "Simple. You got any ways to get to New Domino City without anyone knowing?"

Kasu looked at Davis as if he grew a second and third head, before he had one thought that summed up his and Davis' relations to each other.

Kasu: 'I just know this is gonna be a pain in my ass.'

{At night, While Yusei duels Trudge}

Davis had made it to the City, and was busy trying to fix a part of his Duel Runner broke down.

Davis: *Trying to Repair the part while mumbling* "Come on you stupid hunk of junk, don't shit out on me now. I knew I should have asked Yusei to help me upgrade this dumb piece of-"

A sudden blinding flash of light covered Davis' vision, blinding him. After a few minutes, the light died down enough for Davis to see. He looked at where the light originated, and was shocked at what he saw, or rather who he saw. Someone he thought he would never see again. Someone who he was close to.

???: "Davis?"

{Chapter Start}

Davis didn't have a lot he regretted in his old life, if he were to choose it would be chasing after Tai's sister for so long when could've used that time to help the Digital World, and most of all would be leaving his sister Jun and his partner Veemon without saying goodbye. He didn't really feel like going home either, here he had friends, his own place -sure it was a dump but it was his-, and he had a goal, which made him feel really good. He knew the older destined and his sister could handle things without him, and he didn't care much for his team, except Ken, but the dude was like a super computer when it came to smarts, so he didn't worry much. Yolei did nothing but insult him since they beat MaloMyotismon, Cody always disagreed with him, even though half the time he was in the wrong, and the less said about Kari and T.K the better.

He wasn't expecting any of them to give Jun an answer of what happened to him, his team would probably ignore her pleas, and the older probably wouldn't out of shame and lack of details. So, imagine his surprise when he saw his older sister, who was holding his old Digivice behind him, only it had noticeable cracks, as if not being around him had caused it to erode with time.

Davis: "Jun?! What the-?! Where did-?! How did you get here?! And better yet why are-?!"

Davis was interrupted by his older sister, who looked a lot older than he was, possibly in her late 20s early 30s, giving him a giant bear hug and gripping his riding suit, as if he would disappear if she let go of him. Davis frowned before he returned his sister's hug, feeling happiness from seeing her again.

Davis: *Sighs* "It's good to see you again, sis."

Jun: *Hugs Davis even tighter* "I was worried sick about you. When you didn't come home that day, I thought you were-"