2 | the invites

the first week of school seemed to be great. i never thought of myself having to have met a lot of people that quick after my first day which was just four days ago. i was close with just a few however. Sumin and Sooyeon were my closest friends so far.

it was friday that quick where i never even noticed it to happen that fast. it was then dismissal till Sumin and i said goodbye to Sooyeon as she left early.

"oh shit." Sumin says in slight shock as we left the classroom while she checked her phone. "sorry, but is it alright for you if i won't join you in the city bus home?" she asked with both her brows up. "my boyfriend sent me text to meet up with him at his classroom."

"oh, it's alright, i don't mind." i smiled as I replied.

"thank you, thank you, thank you! okay, i gotta meet him now, bye! see you soon!" she said with a tremulous tone as she quickly made her way down the stairs.

"bye!" i yelled in reply as she continued to run down the stairs.

soon after, i walked all by myself to the campus gate till i came across this gang of nine boys that seemed to be popular at first glance, in which to my surprise, Jisung and Minho were a part of.

i then heard a girl's voice yell my name from the same area.

"Jiyoo-ah!" she yelled which made me turn my head's perspective and the girl was actually Sumin. she then signals me to come to where they were at right after I took a glance.

i walked up to her and the nine fellows she was with. "hello!" i greeted with a smile.

"Jiyoo, this is my boyfriend, Lee Yongbok. though, he prefers to be called Felix." she adds as she chuckles.

"he's the aussie friend i was talking about a few days ago. though he's actually korean, he grew up in australia." Jisung adds. "even Chan over here." he says pointing out chan.

"you two have met already?" Felix adds.

"we were seated near each other in class on the first day. he's my classmate along with Minho over here." i replied with a smile.

"oh, well these are Felix's friends." Sumin adds as she starts pointing out who's who as she states their names one by one. "this is Seo Chang Bin, Hwang Hyun Jin, Kim Woo Jin, Kim Seung Min, Yang Jeong In, Bang Chan, and of course you've already met Jisung, Minho, and Felix."

"hi." i repeated to the rest as they did the same.

"hey, Jiyoo, do you want to join the rest of us for a first week of school group hangout? Felix is out of this since he has date with his Sumin anyways." asked Chan.

"wow. very persuasive." Felix says with sarcasm as he starts to clap his hands. "though, Sumin and i really need to get going. so goodbye everyone."

"bye, Jiyoo!" Sumin says before turning around and walking away with Felix.

"so what do you say, Jiyoo? sounds good?" Chan asks.

"i really better get going home though."

"oh. too bad. it's alright though. maybe next time." he replies smiling.

"yeah, next time." i replied smiling back till i waved goodbye to the eight of them and walked away.

after walking a distance down away from them as i was about to reach the school's exit, a person rested his right arm around my shoulder as i didn't have a clue who it was till i took a glance till he, by chance, spoke.

"so, Jiyoo-ah, just before all of us leave. are you sure don't want to come? we're going to the arcade for a while and go wherever next before a short dinner." he said. 

"you're hyunjin, right?" i said with a questioned look as i took a look on who this person was.

"yup, that's my name." he giggles as we stopped walking while he removed his arm from my shoulder.

"well, i do want to join up since i love the arcade, though it'll be kind off awkward since i'm the only girl. plus, it'll be dark out right after we eat dinner."

"makes sense that you'd uncomfortable being the only girl—hmm." he got to think out. "tell you what, get a date with one of these guys and it won't be awkward." he says giggling out with sarcasm.

"what? no!" i added with surprise.

"i'm kidding, i'm kidding." he repeated with a laugh.

"well it's up to you. if you change your mind. you know where to find us." he adds as he waves goodbye while walking away.

"sure; don't expect me to be around the place then!" i yelled with a honeyed smile as he walked back towards the boys.

i walked out of the school till i've reached the town's bus stop and waited for the next bus. as i took a seat, it got me thinking of what hyunjin said about getting a date.

i haven't gotten a date ever since i left my old school. i got flashbacks from scenarios happening almost a year ago when i first met him. mishaps that made me devastated, mishaps that made me lose it all, mishaps that were difficult to handle like any other sick old love story.

a while before even the bus arrived, i decided to just walk for a while till i get to the nearest bus stop and hop on its next bus. i walked slowly and quietly, dozing off and getting flashbacks that haunt me stuck in my head.

as i walked for just about a minute. a voice called me out from behind me.

"Jiyoo-ah!" he yelled as i heard footsteps running towards me.

i turned around and added with question: "Jisung, what are you doing here? i thought you guys have a little hangout going on?"

"yeah we did but Hyunjin said stuff that you were feeling awkward around us so i thought of making you feel more welcomed since you're new to this school after all." he said.

"so you ditched on them? wow, that's cold." i chuckled.

"where do you want to go?" he asked.

"matter of fact, i'd want to go home but i do want to go to the arcade as well though, the others might be around whichever arcade by now and they might think you and i are on a date or something." i replied.

"right, right—well there are many other arcades around. besides, i know which they're going to, so we can just dodge that arcade place out and go to a different one." he said.

"yeah, you're right. though, you don't have to be this nice to me since i'm not used to it with all our shenanigans during class." i giggled.

"alright, then I'll make you pay for everything at the arcade." he chuckled.

"hey—" i replied with an annoyed look.

"just kidding. i'm treating you since i am trying to make feel welcomed anyways even if we're sort off friends for a few days now." he added. "let's go?"

we then went on and walked to the nearest mall with an arcade.

q&a with Sumin:

q: what are your thoughts about Jiyoo for the past week?

a: she's very friendly and quite unpredictable.

q: how long have you been together with Felix?

a: about a year now.

q: do you think Jiyoo's hiding something?

a: she's unpredictable, i won't know for sure.

...