N.o.N. 8

My father was yelling, this time a man with a blue baseball hat had the gun's barrel to my head. Not from a distance like most nights, but this time it was to my head, touching my hair. My fathers drowned out words were becoming fuzzier and fuzzier. Then, boom, the bullet crashed through my skull, but, after, I was still alive. The setting switched. It was now a flat, crimson-blood color. It was liquidy. This was weird. A person stood in a corner. A man, skinny, tall. I could see everything from his Nostrils down. His jaw was pretty sharp, not as sharp as mine, but sharp.  He had a nice body. He was dressed in a tux, but the sleeves were ripped. It was funny. I laughed. He looked at me, his eyes were oceanic blue, he looked familiar....COLE!! 

I shot up and out of bed. I ran to the kitchen. I rummaged through a cupboard, grabbed a glass cup and filled it with tap water. The clock said 8:19 AM in blinking red lights. I walked back to my room, cup still in my hand. Dylan had left 4 texts. 

Dylan- When do I work? Cole reset my calendar.

Dylan- Wait...We're not open 2day....oops sorry.

Dylan- When can/should I come over?

Dylan- Does 9 AM work?

I replied to Dylan,

Lili-  9 works 👌

I waited a few minutes, finished my water, then heard the door latch click. What? I thought. I snuck to the door, Camila was there, with.....Cole? I stayed hidden the hallway, silent. My phone made a loud PING. Dylan texted.

Dylan-Okie. C U then.

I ran back to my room. Hoping they didn't see me. I could hear them shuffling past my door, hushed voices. I really hope they weren't.... I quickly swiped the thought out of my mind. I opened my phone with my thumb. I had a notification by the Tinder icon. I opened it. I was greeted by a screen saying "Arden SENT YOU A MESSAGE" Arden was the guy I was chatting with. He was chill, lived within 10 miles of me, went to NYU and enjoyed video games. Which--secretly-- I was a pro at.

[Authors Note I'm only posting this because I had a quick thought had popped in my head. But this book is still on hold.]