Ch.2 Teamwork

Nick's POV

It's been a week since we came to this school, and let's just say life has been weird. So now that I'm part of a team that means I get new room mates. I hate them. Ty is being his usual annoying self casually taking whatever he deems is useful to him or now his, but after years of growing up with him it doesn't bother me anymore. Teddy the resident child of our messy family is cool, only thing is he eats. See you maybe thinking everyone needs to eat, but his stomach is like a black hole. He has the biggest appetite I've ever seen. TJ, the local female badass is a very competitive person, must come from being raised out of a family of boys. Ariam is a little flirt that somehow has made half the school fall in love with her, I can no longer sit in the living room with the guys without some guy barging in the house stating his love for her. Artemis and Sirius are the only ones I have no issue with, mainly cause Sirius is always asleep and the only word I've heard from him this week is "pillow" before passing out again, and Artemis is always in the training room. Furthermore, even though we all finished with the highest score in the academy we somehow got the weird haunted house. Yes our house is haunted. But I guess in a good way in the sense the room is always twisting and turning to fit what each of us need or where we want to go. For instance our rooms are all on the top floor, but the kitchen is downstairs, so my craving for food at night somehow brought the kitchen to our floor while the other rooms in the house shifted. Today is our first day of class with Hercules, hopefully our team will be able to work together.

Hercules' POV

I sat down in the virtual training room within the academy waiting for my new team. They were late. Boredom got the better of me as I began flipping my sword sting for them to stroll in. Just as I threw my sword at the wall the door opposite opened showing the seven teens in their all black training attire with the Lisora crest. Finally time to see what they're made of.

Nick's POV

"Sorry for being late Hercules" we said as we walked inside to see our blonde teacher staring at a sword in the wall. "Choose a weapon your most comfortable with and we'll get started", he responded. I now noticed the huge armoury in the side of the wall holding all assortments of weapons. We simultaneously spread out moving towards weapons that seemed to be calling to us. I reached out to grab a sword that fit my hand perfectly. It seemed to weigh nothing but I felt that it was just match itself to me. As I looked at the blade, it began to change to that of a greek sword, it resembled a leaf and the words excalibur glowed on it before disappearing. I looked around me and saw everyone had different weapons. Hercules grinned at us now holding is sword, "Now we can begin, attack me". I looked to see which of us would attack first and how. Finally Ty began to move his body that of lightning holding twin daggers. He suddenly disappeared leaving behind a streak of blue lightning, he reappeared by Hercules as their blades resonated off of each other. At first it looked like Ty was pushing him back but then Hercules kicked ty away sending him into the wall behind us. TJ ran at Hercules soon after this happened waving a huge axe surprising me. How was she swinging that huge weapon not only with ease but with one hand. Their battle was very heated, literally. With every swing she sent a wave of flames. But she also got sent flying away. Teddy and Ariam seemed to be working together her using her hallucinations to throw off Hercules while they both attacked. This seems to be working until Hercules got stronger somehow and sent the two flying. Now there was only me Artemis and Sirius left. "Come on you three let's see what you got". Sirius turned to me and Artemis, "He gains power from being hurt, we are gonna have to find away to either knock him out but that seems unlikely or subdue him which is going to be hard." I looked at him stunned, in the time that had passed he not only figured out Hercules' power but also a counter measure of sorts. "Cool what's the plan?" I asked. "Your going to lead the attack cause you have speed and the most attacking power, I'll back you up, Artemis you provide support with counter fire if you feel we are in danger of losing" he responded, we nodded before fanning out. "Now that you guys are ready we can start this training seriously" Hercules said art the room became a city with skyscrapers. Sirius was on my left with his scythe and Artemis was somewhere behind me hiding in one of those skyscrapers waiting with her sniper rifle. I ran at Hercules. Our swords met as I felt the weight behind his sword. He pushed me back with his strike, as he did so Sirius was ready he sliced at Hercules causing him to jump back the two began fighting at a fast pace. Just before Sirius was about to get overwhelmed I jumped in. Sirius backflipped out the way allowing me to take the lead. As I attacked I sent waves of darkness, Hercules seemed unfazed by it as he tried to swipe my head. No time to duck. I thought as I tried to lift my sword to block the attack knowing I wasn't going to move in time. Suddenly Hercules jumped back as a bullet hit where he had been standing. Me and Sirius rushed Hercules not allowing him time to recover. I realised that as we did this Sirius was matching me and the way I moved. We pushed him back with the help of Artemis shooting at him, just as he began touch the wall he smiled and struck back with so much force we went flying backwards. I felt myself smash through two buildings before I landed next to Ty.  " Well done children you've exceeded my expectations, from now on you'll be training in groups but before that decide amongst yourselves who should be the leader of this team once you can move again you are dismissed" he said laughing as I sensed him walk off. "Before I forget, well done to those who understood this task was on teamwork to the two who tried to attack solo you two will have punishment training regimens". I heard the door close behind him as I heard Ty and TJ begin to groan about punishment. I passed out soon after.