A Romantic College AU Chapter 1

Y/N was an 18-year old college student who was studying Fashion Design. Shingen was a 19-year old college student studying Woodworking.

It was y/n's first day of college. She got out of bed, washed, dressed, ate and now she was on her way to the bus station to catch the college coach. It was a wet rainy day and a car drive by and almost splashed y/n's favourite short skirt.

She had to run to catch the coach before it pulled away and went without her. Someone else reached the stop at the same time and seemed out if breath. He must of ran too.

"Sorry, after you" he motioned for her to climb on board the bus

"That's okay, thank you" she couldn't believe her eyes he was the most breath-taking, stunningly handsome man she had ever seen before in her life. His face was perfect his light brown hair was the ideal amount of wild and perfection. His eyes were a strange shade of grey. Beautiful.

I stepped onto the bus and he was right behind me the door closed nearly crushing us both. With a jolt the bus started moving.

"Ahhhh!" I landed on something hard.

"Ouch"

I looked up and I was lying on top of that boy. I blushed and attempted to get up.

People were laughing at us.

He got up and held out his hand, I took it hesitantly and he pulled me up.

"Sorry" I said looking down and making my way to the back of the coach to sit down.

"Nah, that's fine I'd fall for you anytime" he said with a flirty wink.

I blushed even redder and quickly looked down playing with my fingers.

OMG, he just sat down next to me. Breathe. Breathe.

"What's your name?" He asked grinning

I looked up and he was staring intently at my fingers and then he looked up and caught me looking at him.

"Y/N, a..and yours?" I stuttered. What a great way to start your first day I thought, could it get any better than this. Joking.

"Nice to meet you Y/N, I'm Shingen" Shingen said showing his brilliant white teeth through his perfect lips.

"N..nice to meet you t..too" I managed to get out. You see I'm not a very talkative person, I'm quite shy.

"I can see I'm making you uncomfortable, I can move if you like" Shingen said eyeing one of the chairs further at the back of the coach.

"No, it's okay" I got out my sketchbook and started randomly doodling on one of the back pages.

He settled into the cushioned chair and began to scroll down his phone, smiling every now and then.

We were nearly at the college now and my first day will officially start when I cross the threshold.

I opened my bag to put my sketchbook away but I dropped it, it landed on the floor showcasing one of my designs.

I instantly got embarrassed and rushed to pick it up.

Someone else's hands beat me to it when I looked up Shingen was holding sketchbook in his hands looking intently at the design.

"You're into drawing?" Shingen asked passing me my sketchbook.

I took it from his hands and sighed. "Fashion Design" I corrected him.

Here it goes, he's not going to get it, I'm going to have to explain it to him and then he'll say it's not even a real career. Happens all the time.

"Cool" he said to my surprise, he actually sounded interested. "Is that what you're majoring in" he asked eyes glinting at the chance to start a real conversation.

"Yes, and what are you studying?" I asked feeling a lot more comfortable with talking to him.

"Woodworking" he answered. I could tell he felt passionately about it by the look in his eyes and the way he proudly spoke about it. "This is your first year" it wasn't a question it was a statement.

"That's right, aren't you?" I asked

"No, this is my second year"

Really?! He doesn't look like a first year. I know that but I thought he was too.

"So, you're 19...20?" I was intrigued and I didn't know why.

"19" he responded. "You're 18"

"Yep" way to go Y/N now he's going to think you're childish by answering with 'yep'

"You two, off the coach" the driver called, bored, down the walkway of the vehicle.

Shingen got up and strode towards the doors of the coach.

God, he walks fast.

I rammed my sketchbook into my overcrowded bag and hopped of the seat and starter towards the doors.

To my shock Shingen was leaning up one of the poles in the street. Waiting for me.

I walked over to him. Did I just make my first friend?

"Are you ready?" He asked looking down and my with those gorgeous grey eyes.

"Ready? For what?" I questioned him, slightly confused.

"Ready to take your first steps into your future of course" he said with a smile.

"Oh that, I guess I am" I replied turning around and facing campus.

It was a great big building with a lots of side attachments and building just totally on their own. Where we were, at the entrance was lined with majestic Sycamore trees. They were so tall that my neck started to ache when I trailed the trees with my eyes all the way to the top.

I spun around to get a better angle to view everything.

"Wow" my mouth opened in astonishment.

The college entrance was a beautiful old-fashioned arch that people were walking under. The sign written in black and sitting on a white background was attached to the arch, read ' Sengoku College'

I took that first step to begin my new life. I thought oddly if this was how Neil Armstrong felt when he took those first steps on the moon.

Then I was fully across the line that patched the way to my future.

AUTHORS NOTE

I have used US words to do with college and the ages you are in US college, sorry if i got something wrong i don't live in the US.