chapter three

Midoriya pov

The last couple of days had been an absolute rollercoaster. I was still extremely exhausted, even more so after my night of crying nonstop, despite having last night end in such an unexpectedly nice way. I woke up with a smile on my face and a newfound optimism, still wondering whether last night actually happened. At one point i had actually begun to convince myself that i had experienced a psychotic break and actually had hallucinated all of the events that took place. I'm absolutely crazy, right?.. Anyway.. I woke up at round 2pm, as i hadn't slept until like 4:30am. I was glad about my month long bed sentence as I would've been dying in class if i had only gotten two hours sleep. Despite this, I still pondered asking Aizawa to come back to class.. It was obvious that Kacch- Bakugou wasn't going to give me my notes so I would definitely end up falling behind. I was warned not to train in my free time but everyone was busy in class and i still had about an hour until they all made their way back to the dorms. I popped on a pair of sweatpants and an old All Might tee and made my way to the gym, checking around every corner first to make sure there was no one around. After i had practically tip-toed the entire way there, i shut the door behind me and made my way over to the weights. 

After about 20 minutes of lifting weights, the punching bag was calling me. I don't usually tend to use the punching bag but something in me was persuading me to try my luck. In retrospect, it may not have been the best idea.. I hadn't thought about my pent up anger, and how training on a punching bag may get out of hand.. but nevertheless, i made my way across the room, keeping note of the time: 2:27pm, and i wrapped my hands in disposable cloth. I stared long and hard at the swinging bag before beginning to punch it rythmically. At first, i wasn't taking myself too seriously, just jabbing here and there.. but as i got into the swing of things, my mind wandered, and the first thought that popped into my head was that Bakugou sees me as i see this piece of equipment rocking back and forth in front of me. After that rather intrusive thought, i just stood still for a couple of seconds, watching it tick like a pendulum hypnotising me. A sudden surge of energy coursed its way through my veins and i directed it straight towards the bag, inadvertedly snapping the metal chain it was held up by. I had, without intention to, triggered one for all and demolished the punching bag, which now lay sadly on the floor, looking mashed up.. and again i found myself comparing it to me. 

It was at that moment that i stood stagnant, i had a small epiffany. In that moment i decided i would separate mysef from the horrifically smashed equipment laying before me.. i would no longer allow myself to be treated the way that i had been treated, and yes, i had told Bakugou during our fight that i wouldn't just let him beat on me the way he always has, but since that night i had fallen back into a rut, back into the usual scheme of things; letting myself be trampled on by Bakugou, and secretly enjoying it. No more. I had finally truly had enough. There, in that moment, looking at the scrambled-egg-like boxing bag, I made the conscious decision to start fighting back, to finally start defending myself.. and a small part of me in the back of my mind found Todoroki to be the reason for this newfound self-esteem.

I realised after a short while that i wasn't supposed to be training at all, and that there was now no way of hiding the fact that i had broken the rule given to me by the teachers. i panicked, knowing that i would surely get in trouble for one: destroying the gym equipment, and two: disobeying my orders. not knowing what to do, i decided to wait for everyone to finish class and make my way there, to confess to Aizawa my wrongdoing and own up to my mistake. i was going to be reprimanded, but i had decided to take charge of it and face whatever the consequences were.

I had retrieved a garbage bag from the kitchen and proceeded to put the broken punching bag in it, before taking it out to the trash. Whilst I waited for the rest of the students to finish class and make their way to the dorms, I wrote out an apology letter explaining what had happened for the teacher. I explained how I had spent my free time training though I was warned not to, and I touched on the fact that I had gotten too worked up and completely pummeled the gym equipment.. now not knowing what else to mention, I simply clarified that I had thrown out the now un-usable boxing bag, and stated i would find a way to pay off any damages and face the consequences for breaking the rules. The final bell rang as I proofread my letter, hoping it sounded sincere enough. I then stood up from my desk and made my way to 1-A, where Aizawa usually stays until about 4:30pm. I darted down the corridor, thinking people would find me strange or suspicious. I got to the classroom door which was now shut and everyone was gone, and it wasnt until Aizawa opened the door that i realised Bakugou would obviously be in the classroom too, doing his one month detention sentence. i was immediately unsettled. Aizawa instructed me to come in, and as i did so, i noticed Todoro-- shouchan.. sat at the back of the classroom,too.. he had also been fighting, after all..