Early Days

Lights blinked on and off from the looming skyscrapers of Brooklyn. Night had fallen, a purple glow cast on the streets by the dark sky. Of course, the city was still full of life. None of this mattered to Aaron Davis. He did his best work at night anyway. 

Currently he was crouched on a rooftop, looking down at a convoy of military men. He did a quick analysis of the situation in his head. The weaponry is in the third van. Two armored trucks at the front and two at the rear. Five vans with heavily armed soldiers inside. Two helicopters on overwatch, and about a dozen motorcycle officers. Subconsciously, he extended his razor sharp claws with a loud, "CLACK!". 

The voice of his boss crackled into his headgear. "Prowler your job is to take out the van with the weaponry, as well as the ones surrounding it." The black vans gleamed in the dim streetlight, seemingly ripe for the taking. The street they were on was quiet, with the sounds of the convoy being all that could be heard.

"Got it, boss." Now all he had to wait for was the signal. He watched city lights blink on and off in the sky-high buildings of New York, seemingly a replacement for the long-absent stars. Aaron sighed. He loved New York. Yet even the greatest cities had their issues.

A massive explosion broke him out of his thoughts as the Green Goblin swooped out of the sky, grabbing the lead armored car and slamming it to the ground. Sirens and screams erupted in the night air as every single soldier with a gun started unloading into the Goblin. As they did so, his boss's men began to pour out of the side alleys, led by the hulking Tombstone. He laughed in maniacal glee as he unloaded with a high powered laser carbine.

The soldiers defending the convoy desperately tried to deal with the Goblin and the enemy soldiers. Amidst all of this confusion, the Prowler stealthily ran down the side of the building, his boots humming with energy. He then leaped off, landing with a metallic clang on top of his target van. Only two soldiers remained clinging to the sides of the van, both of whom he silenced with quick swipes of his claws. 

At first, out of habit, he had aimed at their throats. But before he could strike, images of baby Miles and Gwen in their crib replaced the men. Aaron shook his head, growling under his breath, before simply knocking their heads together. Then, using his claws, he ripped open the roof of the car like a tin can. Internally, he was punching himself in the gut. Ever since the birth of his nephew and his (in so many ways but blood) niece, he hadn't been able to bring himself to kill another human. 

Inside the van sat a handful of soldiers, who brought their weapons to bear as soon as they saw Aaron. "Don't shoot." 

The soldiers hesitated for a split second, allowing for Aaron to drop down and sweep out the legs of all five of them. After that, it was a simple task to incapacitate each fallen soldier. Aaron popped his neck, sighing in relief. "You should have shot." He did a quick sweep of the van, finding the metal boxes he had been tasked with taking. "Gotcha." Aaron secured the boxes, leaping out of the van and ducking into a side alley where an armored car sat. He threw the boxes into the back, shutting the trunk, before knocking on the window to let the driver know it was time to go. The car took off, leaving a cloud of smoke behind. 

"Mission accomplished, boss." Aaron radioed in, only for silence to greet him. "Yo, is everything good?"  

Finally, a reply crackled through. "Good job, Prowler. Return to the mansion....shit! They've got backup coming in. Both of you get back now!" His boss had gone from calm and collected to anxious in a matter of seconds.

Tombstone's answer was brief. "Yes, sir." 

"On it, sir." Prowler began to run up the building next to him when a blue and red blur knocked him back into the alley. He swore under his breath.