Chapter 20/Sickday

Set in the current year. Can you believe the last time I wrote Italy in this story that wasn't a special was back in chapter 13?

--

(Y/n) woke up to a blank ceiling she recognized. The empty whiteness of the ceiling was the one in the nurse's office. She could feel the softness of the mattress and pillow along with the blanket thrown on top of her. The school didn't actually have a nurse. There was only a room that most students went to when they were sick with beds and medicine.

(There usually wasn't a need for a nurse anyways.)

(Y/n) blinked a couple of times to clear her vision and tried to sit up. She was immediately hit with a wave of nausea. She quietly groaned and laid back down. She could feel chills running down her spine despite how warm she felt. She sneezed off to the side and tilted her head to look around.

The grey door was closed and white walls around it were as bland as the ceiling above her. She dimly remembered the principle mentioning that he wanted to repaint the bland walls of the school sometime. She closed her eyes and tried to block the pounding headache.

"You're awake!" a voice shouted.

(Y/n) pried her eyes open and was greeted with the sight of Italy hovering above her with Japan and Germany beside him. They all had concerned looks on their faces.

"H-hey," her voice came out slightly scratchy.

"Are you-a okay?" Italy asked as he placed a hand on her forehead.

"Hm? Probably?" she murmured, "What happened?"

"Jour country's economy crashed," Germany explained, "Hungary caught jou vhen jou fainted and carried jou here."

"Oh," she said hollowly.

No wonder she felt terrible right now. She shifted slightly on the bed as Italy drew his hand away from her forehead.

"You-a still have a fever," he said

He moved out of her view quickly and seemed to fiddle with something. (Y/n) felt something damp get placed onto her forehead as Italy came back into her vision. From what she could tell, it was a damp towel.

"Thank you," she whispered.

"No-a problem, bella," Italy replied.

She coughed a little and groaned. Japan frowned, concerned. He picked up a glass of water that sat on the table beside the bed. Germany gently helped her sit up as Japan tilted the glass towards her mouth. (Y/n) took large gulps of the water from the glass and coughed. Italy patted her back as she coughed.

"Thank you for helping me," she rasped, "Hopefully I won't stay sick for too long."

(She'd hate to be a bother.)

"Don't-a worry, bella!" Italy smiled, "We can help you-a."

(Y/n) shook her head, "I don't want to impose on you three."

I don't want to a bother was left unsaid.

"Do not worry, (Y/n)-chan," Japan said firmly.

"Ve vill get everything sorted out," Germany added.

"Are you sure?" she looked down and fiddled with her fingers.

"Hai," Japan nodded.

"Luddy has the-a notes from our classes too!" Italy said cheerfully.

Germany face flushed a light pink as he settled (Y/n) back down on the bed and moved out her vision. He placed a few sheets of paper on the table beside her. They were probably notes. She promptly sneezed off to the side again. Italy furrowed his brow and frowned. He placed the back of his hand against her forehead.

"You're burning up again, bella."

"Oh," she murmured, lacklustrerly.

"Go back to sleep, (Y/n)-chan," Japan coaxed her.

"Okay," she shifted to get comfortable and then, closed her eyes.

"Ve vill stop by later," Germany said.

"Thank you," she whispered.

(Then, there was nothing.)

O.o.O

The next time (Y/n) woke up, she felt worse than before. She groaned as she tried to lift her eyelids. When she finally managed to open her eyes, she noticed there was someone next to her, sitting on a chair. It seemed like her movement alerted the person sitting on the chair.

"Jou're awake!"

(Y/n) could tell it was Hungary right away. She rapidly blinked and tried to talk. Unfortunately, she burst into a coughing fit. Hungary quickly helped (Y/n) sit up as she coughed. Hungary comfortingly patted her back as (Y/n)'s coughing fit came to an end.

"I'm sorry for bothering you," (Y/n)'s scratchy voice called out.

"Vhat do jou mean?" Hungary looked curiously at her.

"Nothing," she shook her head.

(Maybe the fever was really getting to her.)

"Sorry for fainting on you," (Y/n) apologized.

Hungary waved off her apology saying that it wasn't her fault she fainted. (Y/n) frowned but didn't reply.

"By dhe vay, Emma vill be coming by later," Hungary commented.

As if on cue the door slid open, revealing Belgium along with her brothers, Netherlands and Luxembourg.

"(Y/n)! I heard you were sick! Are you okay?" she fretted.

(Y/n) tried smiled, "I've been better."

"Vhy are jour brothers here too?" Hungary asked Belgium with a raised eyebrow.

Belgium smiled sheepishly, "They were with me when I rushed here."

(Y/n)'s foggy mind vaguely recalls meeting Belgium's brothers during the festival back in October.

"Were you doing something before? I'm sorry for interrupting you," (Y/n) frowned.

Belgium frowned, "Don't worry. It was more important to see if you were okay. It's the least I can do as your friend."

(She considered them friends?)

"Thank you."

Luxembourg and Netherlands seemed to have made conversation by themselves off to the side. (Y/n) took a sip of water from the glass beside her. Her hands felt clammy and almost lost their grip on the glass she was holding. She set it down quickly and glanced at the pile of notes left by Germany. Her hand began reaching to them but was stopped by Hungary.

"Not now, young lady," Hungary scolded jokingly, "Jou don't get to look that dhe notes until jou feel better."

"Fine," (Y/n) sighed.

"Go get some more sleep now, (Y/n). Ve vill come by later."

"Okay. See you later," (Y/n) waved as all the other people in the room exit.

She slid down and tucked herself into the plain covers. She tried to close her eyes and sleep, to no avail. This was going to be a long day. 

--

The next chapter will most likely continue with Reader-san being sick. Thanks for reading!