To Winterfell

*Myra's Pov.*

Snow fell against my skin as Valyrion and I flew through the sky. After our discussion, Daenerys concluded that our best bet was to leave King's Landing for the time being and seek out Arya Stark. Her knowledge of the Many Faced God and their practices was necessary.

A screech broke me out of my thoughts. I turned to look around and saw Daenerys pull up beside me on Drogon. I smiled in greeting.
"How much longer till we get there?" I asked.

To be honest, my ass was hurting from sitting on Valyrion's tough scales for hours. I couldn't take much more.
Why the hell hadn't Dany or any previous other dragon riders come up with dragon saddles or something in all their time with them? It would certainly make long trips much easier and less painful.
"Quite soon. A few more hours at best" she replied smiling back.
"How are the troops doing down below?" I asked.
"They are doing well, and will be relieved to know that we will be arriving soon" Daenerys stated glancing down.

I could feel Valyrion getting a bit agitated as well. After all, it was his first time flying in snow, and the North. We had never ventured this far away before together.

"Are you sure Arya will have the answers we need? This could all just be a waste of time" I spoke shielding my eyes from the snow.

"She's the only person I know that has ever left that group of worshippers without being killed brutally afterward. It is told that once a follower of the Many Faced God leaves, they are hunted down and killed. But it doesn't end there. After they are killed, their face is skinned and taken to be reused for their illusions as faceless men" Daenerys explained.

I gulped nervously. For all we knew a faceless man could be one of our soldiers.
"How do you know so much about this?" I asked.
"There is lots I don't know. All of what I said Arya told me herself a few years ago. I am simply relaying this information to you" she replied.
I nodded.

"Abdul and Kareem didn't give me too much trouble when I asked to steal you away for the week" Daenerys stated smirking slightly.
"In fact they were very pleasant and agreed almost immediately to your absence. Did you say something to them?" she asked.

"Are you surprised? You're the Queen, Dany, they would never say no to you. They worship the ground you walk on. Kareem never stops talking about how beautiful you are or how he wants to be a Queensguard" I retorted.

"I take it they don't know about your history with me?" Daenerys questioned. I shook my head. "No, and I'd like to keep it that way. Kareem has already become suspicious with Tyrion acknowledging my presence previously, as well as Marvin. Now that you asked for me, I'm sure both of them will have many questions... what did you say you needed me for?" I asked.

"I told them that I needed you to make a few private deliveries for me using one of my ships, and that you already left so they could not question your absence" Dany spoke.
I nodded. Seemed like a good excuse. Though I'd have to come up with some lie about it when I came back (if we lived that is).
I hated lying.

"So you saw Marvin again?" Daenerys asked not meeting my eyes.
"Yes, at the port a few days ago....How could you just kick him out of your army because of me, even after he pledged and served you loyally?" I asked her trying to hold back my anger.

Daenerys looked at me confused. "What do you mean? I never removed him from my army. I would never let my personal affairs interfere with my duty as Queen. He left a couple of days after realizing you were not returning. I simply let him go to not cause any more trouble or hostility. The first time I heard about him since was from you" she said, her gaze unwavering.

I knew she was telling the truth.
But why would Marvin lie to my face?
Once we returned after this whole mess was sorted, seeking him out would be my number one priority.
—————————————-

Daenerys and I landed outside the gates and watched our dragons fly to meet Rhaegal above.
(he's still alive in this book because his death was stupid in my opinion)

Tyrion, who travelled below, moved to stand beside Daenerys, along with Greyworm and Missandei. Both Greyworm and Missandei looked uncomfortable and cold, though they were both wearing fur coats. It was strange to see them wearing something different than their usual attire.

"Open the gates" Northern soldiers around the perimeter called to those below.
The heavy doors were pulled open, and Jon and Sansa appeared a few meters away from us as we entered.
Jon was the first to step forward and hug Daenerys with tears in his eyes.
He then turned to me and hugged me as well.
"I'm glad you both are alright. When you sent the raven about what happened I feared you would not make it" he spoke.

"We all feared for you both" Sansa spoke from behind him and stepping up toward us.
"Your Grace. Myra" she curtsied in respect to Dany and nodded in greeting in my direction.
"My Lady" Dany nodded, followed by myself.

"Sansa, Jon, thank you for welcoming us so warmly. We have business to attend to" Daenerys added, her voice laced with urgency.

"Where are your siblings?" I asked noticing their absence.
"Bran is in the Godswood doing what... well...Bran does. And I'm not to sure where Arya is—" Jon spoke before he was cut off by a thump.

I reached for the sword at my belt only to realize I didn't have one... I gave it to Daenerys when I left last year, and was now completely defenseless.
Regardless I stepped in front of Daenerys ready to protect her no matter the cost. Dany's guards, also startled, drew their swords.

"No need for that, I'm not here to hurt the Queen. I heard you were asking for me" Arya spoke after landing gracefully onto the snow below.
I hadn't even noticed her standing on the castle wall nearby.

"Arya" Sansa warned glaring at her due to her surprise entrance. "Same old Arya" Jon chuckled.
Arya rolled her eyes and made her way toward us. I stepped away from Daenerys and her soldiers sheathed their swords.
Arya glanced at us both.
"We have much to talk about."
———————————
(1100 words)

Hello all, thanks for the continued support on this series! I noticed a large spike in the votes and the number of readers and would like to thank you all :) I apologize for the long wait.
As always, comment and vote!!!

Julia