True Love ~2

This is one of thee greatest love stories to have taken place. It beats Cinderella, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast and Sleeping Beauty by far. It is the story of Zaynab bint Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam and her husband, Abul Aas...

She was the eldest daughter of Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam and Khadija Radhiyallah Anh. She married her maternal first cousin Abul Aas. It is said that the two loved each other so much so, that when people would make nikah, others would make Du'aa that they be a couple like Zaynab and Abul Aas. And what is the reaction nowadays when someone marries their cousin...

'EWWW!! HOW GROSS!! THATS HER COUSIN!'

AND

'OH, THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE ABNORAL CHILDREN!'

What nonsense is this!? If this was the case, don't you think Allah Ta'alah would've made it haraam for one to marry their cousin? Think carefully before you say things...

Poignant and stunning, would be the words chosen to describe the love story of Zainab bint Muhammad and Abu al-'Aas ibn Rabee' Radhiyallahu Anhuma.

Who was Zainab? She was the beautiful, beloved and eldest daughter of the Noble Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam.

Who was Abu al-'Aas? He was her cousin, the nephew of her mother Khadija Radhiyallahu Anh. He was one of the nobles of the Quraish, and a young family member whom the Prophet Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam loved very much.

Before the Prophet Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallah had received  Nubuwat, Abu Al Aas one day came to him. He had a request and with an earnest and hopeful voice, he said:
"I wish to marry your eldest daughter." 

The Noble Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam graciously replied: "I must ask her first." 

So, he Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam went to sit with his dear daughter Zainab and casually brought up the subject, "Your cousin came to see me today and he wishes to marry you. How do you feel about this? And would you accept him as your husband?

 Zainab remained silent and her beautiful, young face turned red out of bashfulness but... she smiled. A smile indicating her acceptance.

Zainab was married to Abu al-'Aas and so began the tale of a great love story. A love story much greater than many fairytales, I might add. Their union was blessed with two children, Ali and Umaymah.

During the period of time when Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam became a Prophet, his son in law Abu al-'Aas was away from Makkah on business. After his business trip, Abu al-'Aas returned to find that his beloved wife was now a Muslim. Not long after he had returned, Zainab, unable to contain her excitement of being a Muslim, said to him,
"I have great news for you."

 Perhaps sensing that it would be something difficult to deal with, Abu al-'Aas stood up and walked away from her. Zainab Radhiyallahu Anha was surprised but she followed him as she said,
"My father became a Prophet and I have become a Muslim." 

His reply was one of incomprehension and incredulity.

"Why didn't you ask me first?"

For the first time in their marriage, there came about a big problem and difference between the two.

She told him firmly, "I wasn't going to disbelieve in my father and his message. You know he is not a liar, he is As Sideeq and Al Ameen-The Honest and Trustworthy."

Trying to convince him that her decison had being the right one, she continued, "I'm not the only believer. My mother and my sisters became Muslims too. My cousin Ali ibn Abi Talib became a Muslim, your cousin Uthman ibn Affan became a Muslim, and your friend, Abu Bakr, has also become a Muslim."