Power

While he did donned his mask, Tsuna hasn't really showed them the King's true power; the ability to force anyone and everyone to obey them. But thanks to his status as a tutor, Reborn was able to get front row seat when Tsuna used it a couple of times, both unintentionally and not.

The first time he saw it, it was when his fellow Arcobaleno and a classic Inventor came barging into the Sawada's household with the grace of a bull in a china shop.

"Show me the King's power." was the first thing Verde had said when he first met the Decimo.

Tsuna stared blearily at the Inventor standing on top of the desk. After a few moments of staring, Tsuna turned around and buried his face back into the pillow, intent on ignoring the arcobaleno.

"Tsk." Verde grabbed hold of the comforter and pulled. "Listen to my demand, child!"

When Tsuna didn't even twitch, Verde jumped onto the bed and landed in front of the Decimo's face, planning on forcing him to wake up only to startle in surprise when two neon-orange eyes stared back at him.

"Wha-"

"Leave."

Verde immediately went rigid, his eyes slowly drooping until it was halfway closed, looking dazed and sleepy. With a slow nod, the tiny Inventor stumbled off the bed and out of the room, shutting the door softly behind him.

Reborn merely took a sip of his coffee, an amused smile painted on his face as he watched his charge go back to sleep. "I guess we can give him a few more minutes as reward for giving a good show to us," the hitman mused to his chameleon partner.

The second time he saw it, it was during a sparring session between Tsuna and his Guardians. To be more exact, it was a forced sparring session with his Mist and Cloud, Tsuna being the unwilling third person to "ease" the tension and making sure no one died. Well, making sure no one actually died.

Tsuna, taught and raised to be a Guardian, was terribly useless at being the peacekeeper. Even a child Caretaker could do better than him. But even brainwashed, no one can actually change your mask except yourself. And so, when he was ignored once again for the one thousandth time, Tsuna snapped.

Not even donning his real mask, Tsuna's eyes turned neon-orange as an intense wave of pressure crashed on top of everyone there. Even someone as experienced and strong as Reborn flinched under it.

Still, Reborn take absolute glee in looking at how pale both Mukuro and Kyouya were, despite their calm expression. Yes, no matter how strong you are, an Element is nothing against a Sky. Especially very strong ones like Tsuna. That he's a King is just a cherry on top. What happened after that had made even the proud Reborn admit that he has nothing compared to a King's aura. It was also the day Tsuna had unknowingly earned and re-affirmed the loyalty of his Guardians towards him.

And if a subtle color of orange curling in a familiar pattern suddenly appeared on his Master mask? Well, that's something only he has to know for now.

______________________________________

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this AU:

Mask - a second face that tells your Role. Role is divided into two types: Archetypes and Animals.

Archetypes - masks that take the Role created by humans. Examples: Guardian, Master, Inventor.

Animals - masks that take the Role from Mother Nature. Example: Fox, Wolf, Dog, Owl.

Guardian - people who usually protects and fight for other people; the one who does/be brave for others; the ones who put others before themselves.

Caretaker - people who takes care of others; great problem-solvers since they are the equivalent of a therapist and a pacifier rolled into one; the literal cinnamon roll in the group.

Inventor - literally people who creates. Unlike Artists, Inventor rely more on facts and logic. The only common trait they share is their creativity and lack of manners when it comes to social interaction. Though, Inventors have a more harsh personality compared to Artists since they believe in cold hard truths and tend to be brutally honest and blunt.

Master - people who have mastery over a specific skill. In Reborn's case, he may look like he masters everything but he actually masters the skill of Learning. Which is bullshit according to Collonello.

King - an Ancient that is able to command or force anyone and everyone to obey their every word. The stronger the wearer's soul is - or in this case their Dying Will- the stronger and wider the effect will be on people.

Ancients - Masks that had existed for a very, very long time and are rarely seen nowadays. They are also more widely known as they have a lot of myths and legends surrounding them. They are also unique in a way that only one person can wear the mask. Examples: King, Comedy, Tragedy, Oracle/Seer.

Classic - a term to say that someone possesses the most basic or represents the original Archetype or Animal of their mask. Example: a classic Fox is someone who has a mask with colorings and markings that are the same as a real fox and possesses the traits that a real Fox is said to have which is curious, nimble, crafty, swift and opportunistic.