16. Home sweet home

I finally made my way there over the rooftops, the most efficient way to travel, if I do say so myself. I made my way to a great spot on a roof near the clock tower where I could see everything unfold.

Joker was moseying around the edge of the tower holding something in his hand. He obviously had a trigger button that when released the pressure everything would go off, the best kind of detonator.

I could see the news crew and the small amount of police officers, obviously the rest were evacuating the people from the block.

The real question was, were is Batman? Honestly what is the guy doing? Huh maybe he finally got that retirement plan he was after.

As if on cue Batman swooped in tackling the Joker back into the clock tower out of sight, "oh I am so not missing this".

I ran up the thousands of stairs from the bottom of the clock tower, panting but trying to keep up, finally getting to the level the Batman and joker were on.

I crept up moving behind the large cogs and old gears, trying to be as incognito as possible, I heard a high pitched laugh behind the large engine in front of me.

I turned my head to see batman holding joker up by his collar through a hole, joker was looking down at batman holding his arms to keep himself up.

I felt like killing him right then and there but I restrained myself, "what was your big plan joker? Why do all of this?" batman stressed.

"Plan? What plan? Out of every bad guy you've fought and you think I have a plan, you're crazier than me" Joker said laughing hysterically not losing that smug smiled off his face.

"Don't play games joker! Why?" Batman yelled, ohh no he might be having more trouble with that retirement plan than I thought, that's not good.

"For this" joker lifted up the detonator and released his thumb, I heard a sharp click, and nothing happened.

"So I see that you deactivated the bomb before, hmf" joker huffed as Batman put cuffs on him and then dragged him down the stairs.

"Cheating spoil sport" I heard joker mutter in a dispirited way as he walked down the stairs, I came out from my hiding spot.

I walked over to a little door that led outside to the ledge Joker was standing on and looked down to see batman hand joker over to a pair of police officers.

I smiled to myself and closed the small door and walked down the stairs, all the pieces were finally coming together.

+++++++++

I jumped onto the bed and squealed in happiness, freaking Mali out, she screamed and sat up "omg, G-G! Don't d-do that!" She yelled.

"Oh calm down!" I said putting my hands on her shoulders calming her down. "W-What happened?" She asked adjusting herself so she was sitting cross legged facing me.

"Joker was finally arrested!!" I said excitedly I saw her face light up as well and she hugged me. "That's g-great G!" She said as I hugged her back.

I remembered what I had to do now and became a little sadder "but you know now what the next part of my plan is right?".

She nodded and I could feel her slump in sadness "but I d-don't want you to". "I know but you know the chances of me getting out" she nodded and I brushed back a piece of her hair.

"You'll be fine" I pulled her head into mine and brought our foreheads together.

"Remember to destroy everything I can't take anything with me this time" she nodded again and I could see the tears starting to well up. I hugged her once more before leaving her for the last time.

+++++++++++

I hand my fake ID over to the guard at the front door, he looked at it then scans it and nods at me to walk through when he opens the door.

I continue to walk through the rest of the doors repeatedly scanning the fake ID and getting it checked, I finally go through the last safety check and walk down a long corridor.

I see a big sign ahead that says 'intensive care ward' and more guards, I walk underneath it and see big gates either side of the room.

Ahead I see a huge elevator, and more guards, 'the guns are just getting bidder and bigger' I thought to myself, as a guard approaches me.

He holds his hand out for my ID, I hand it over and he looks at it, "Dr Adams, I've never seen you around before" He said suspicious.

"I normally work down in crocks lair" I say simply shrugging. "Wait, you work down at that shit cell?" He asked in disbelief and surprise, as he handed back my ID.

"Yeah" I said taking back my ID and stepped into the elevator along with two guards, the elevator creaked and squeaked and it started to go down.

I walked down a short set of stairs onto a huge metal floor and across from me was a rectangle box with a plastic wall which also happened to be the door to it.

I walked over to it and looked at the two guards standing either side of the cell "I want to speak to Harley alone for a minute". "Sorry we have to stay at our post Dr." one guard answered curtly.

"Please, I deal with crock everyday, I think I can handle a second grade maniac" I said walking towards him irritated.

"Crock?! Well ok then but only for ten minutes" he sighed in surprise, soon he and the other guard walked away.

I looked in and down at Harley who was sitting on the ground "hey Harley" I knocked on the door. She looked up "oh it's you, you look old, ya grandma, what'da ya want?".

"I need to know where joker is" I whispered, she gasped and stood up walking over to the door. "If I do tell you, you hav'ta give him a message for me" I nodded in response.

"Yay!" She yelled spiking the guards attention, I shushed her. "Just tell me where he is" I asked again. "Fine, this time he's got a new cell, it's inside the new asylum ward" she answered.

"Where is it?" I asked, she came closer and put her hands on the door, all of a sudden the guards yelled and the door electrocuted her.

The guards ran over facing their guns at her I turned around "it's ok she didn't hurt me put your weapons down". They lowered their weapons "your ten minutes are up".

"Thankyou" I said turning around and walking back up the stairs and leaving the intensive ward. I walked over to a desk that had a secretary behind it "I was just wondering where the asylum ward was".

"That's the new ward behind the original building, if you walk past the intensive ward take the back door outside" he said agitated, wow he really doesn't like people.

'So a walk through the entirety of Arkham Asylum great' I thought starting my walk diagonally into the corridor that would lead me to the intensive ward.