(1) Stranger Danger

The sunshine from my curtains wakes me up. It's morning already? I get up rubbing my eyes and stumble to the bathroom that the girls share. The sinks are filled with hair, the floor is dusty, and the tub hasn't been emptied. Gross. Nobody ever cleans up here unless it's me but I guess that's what happens when you get older here at Zoolas Ophanage. I'm lucky they haven't thrown me out already since I will be turning eighteen soon. Just three months away actually. Just when I'm about to clean up the bathroom my house parent walks in.

"What is this mess??" snarles Kit, "Things like this is why I told Brett we shouldn't allow older kids to stay here. Clean up this mess. Our ancestors didn't make this orphanage just for you to mess it up." I tried to explain what happened to her, "But it wasn't me Ms. Kit. It was the younger kids!" She scoffs and says, "Its always the younger kids." Why did I try? I knew she wouldn't believe me.

After I'm done cleaning the bathroom I feel like there's something I need to do. I sit in my bed and look out the window and see one of the younger kids getting into a car with their new family. Nobody would ever adopt me now. I'm way too old at this point. I think my life would have been great if it wasn't for the car wreck. I was too young then to know my life was gonna change forever. I sigh and get ready to go outside. I'm wearing my pink bow, jacket, and shirt with pink converse and leggings. You could say I like pink but all the adults thinks I'm childish.

Outside I meet up with my friend Jace at the park. He just got his own motorcycle with the money he made working at the Press as a paper boy. His icy green eyes smile as he sees me walking towards him and rustles his dusty brown hair. He's about 6 foot which makes him look like a giant next to me since I'm only 4'11. When I get close enough I run and jump giving him a big hug. As his arms wrap around me I feel all warm and cozy inside. His hugs has to be the best ones out there.

He chuckles and says, " Where have you been? I'm basically old and grey waiting out here." Oh that's what I was forgetting. "Omg I totally forgot the time," I blush in embarrassment for being so late to meet him, "I was cleaning my bathroom so I basically forgot about everything else. Sorry."

I haven't told Jace that I live in an Orpahange. I'm afraid he wouldn't like me anymore if he knew the truth.

He rolls his eyes, "You could of had it stinky noted on your forehead and you would have still forgotten," he says laughing. "Yea, true," I say and get on his motorcycle to head downtown.

We stop at a gas station since Jace's fuel is getting pretty low. This place is basically a deserted island considering that I haven't seen a car for miles. I know I will not miss living in a small town. He gets up to go inside and pay for the gas while I stay on the motorcycle. I like the cool breeze outside. It finally doesn't feel like a desert out here anymore. This man parks behind Jace's motorcycle in a black Rolls Royce and stands by his car wearing all black. I'll admit he is kinda freaking me out because people wait inside their cars not outside of them right?

I shrug it off and wish Jace will hurry up with the gas. Just then I feel a cold shock go throughout my body and I turn around to see the man standing right behind me. I jump off the motorcycle startled.

"Do I know you?" I ask with a shaked voice. He certainly doesn't seem like anyone I know and if he knew me he would at least have said something and not have been all creepy. He stretches his perfectly trimmed beard and I take a hard look at him. His buisness suit makes him looks like someones boss but he doesn't look older than his mid twenties. He gives me a smile and looks at me through his dark blue eyes and says, "Not yet, but you will."

I feel hands grab me as him and this other man drags me into the car. I try to fight back but they are way stronger than they look. I can't scream because of the cloth they have over my face so I try to bite but that fails and they put me into the car. I try to open the door but it's on child lock so I bang on the windows trying to get free. I feel this pinch on my shoulder then everything goes fuzzy and I fall asleep.